There is more to come from me: Oxlade-Chamberlain
London: Alex Oxlade-Chamerblain has stated that he wants to prove himself for England at Euro 2012, and believes he can make an impact for Roy Hodgson`s team.
The 18-year-old was snapped up by Arsenal back in August 2011, but has since found Premier League appearances hard to come by under manager Arsene Wenger.
Despite featuring in just 16 of Arsenal`s 38 league games last season, Oxlade-Chamerblain now finds himself on the verge of playing on one of European football`s biggest stages and has insisted he is ready to prove himself at international level.
"I wanted to try and prove something. There is a lot more to come from me. I definitely feel I can make an impact at the Euros," he told the Daily Mirror.
"You have to believe in yourself. If you don`t, no-else will. To get the call, to come into the England squad, you have to believe the manager has faith in your ability and I believe in myself."
The winger also believes that merely being a member of the England squad will help him improve on the pitch.
He continued: "One step at a time. I keep learning every day in training as I am with great players.
"If I get a chance again I will do everything I can to impress."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
More from Health
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa suffers cardiac arrest; being monitored
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- Jayalalithaa's health condition: Amma critical, nation's political fraternity expresses concern - Who said what
- Jayalalithaa's health condition: AIADMK member from Cuddalore dies after seeing news about Tamil Nadu CM's cardiac arrest