This is something unique and magical: Iniesta
Kiev: Spain midfielder Andres Iniesta was overjoyed after his country thumped Italy 4-0 in Kiev on Sunday to win Euro 2012.
The Barcelona playmaker turned in an impressive display to help La Roja to their third consecutive major international tournament success, an unprecedented feat.
After winning Euro 2008 under Luis Aragones, Vicente del Bosque has now guided Spain to victory at the 2010 World Cup and Euro 2012 and Iniesta predicted that the achievement would prove unrepeatable.
"I am very happy to win this title again, to do something unique and magical," he told reporters. "This is practically unrepeatable and I am enjoying the moment.
"The important thing is that Spain are champions and that this is what the entire team wanted."
Spain had come under some scrutiny for their performances at Euro 2012, having drawn with Italy during the group stage and edged past Croatia before requiring penalties to beat Portugal in the semi-final.
They turned in a much-improved performance on the biggest stage, however, to blow Italy away at the Olympic Stadium.
"We had a very good match, we were very aggressive while going forward and scored two goals in the first half," Iniesta lauded.
"When Italy were down to 10 men, things just got easier for us. This was exceptional."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Olympic bronze medallist Sakshi Malik returns home from Rio to grand welcome!
- Rahul Gandhi takes U-turn, says never blamed RSS for Gandhi's assassination
- Secret documents on Indian Navy's Scorpene-class submarine leaked
- PM Modi's photos, Indian flags raised during massive protests in Balochistan
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy?
- Venus-Jupiter conjunction on August 27: Viewing tips! (Watch)
- Staying at budget hotels in Delhi to soon become cheaper
- Sonakshi Sinha looks dayum fresh after 'Akira' promotions! Picture proof
- Delhi University releases seventh cut-off list, admission process begins today
- Man dies in fire in Delhi's Hauz Khas