This was our moment for revenge against France: Ramos
Donetsk (Ukraine): Sergio Ramos felt that Spain took revenge against France for their 2006 World Cup exit with a 2-0 victory in the Euro 2012 quarter-finals.
Xabi Alonso scored twice to set up a meeting with Portugal as La Roja avenged their 3-1 defeat to Les Bleus six years ago in the last 16 of the World Cup in Germany.
"The good thing about football is you have always have a chance for revenge and today was our moment [against France]," Ramos told reporters after the game.
"This Spain team have taken a step forward - we showed what we are all about in this victory and we are in the semi-finals now.
"We have to carry this on all the way to the final."
"We can`t rest on our laurels because every game is a final and Portugal have done really well to get to the semi-finals, so it will be difficult."
Cesc Fabregas also felt Spain deserved to progress, adding: "We played really well in the first half, actually one of the best first halves in the tournament. We are very happy now."
"I played a bit better, but we were playing against France, who played very well. I tried hard, and I ran a lot. No matter what happens, the most important thing is that Spain won."
"Portugal will be very difficult. They have strong individuals, strong players. Apart from their good open play, they are very good on the counterattack, and we will have to work hard in that game."
"They have Ronaldo, Nani, Raul Meireles, Joao Moutinho. They have very good players."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- CM Yogi’s cleanliness drive: UP cops clean up police stations
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister