Veteran midfielder Lampard determined to become England’s latest ‘centurion’
London : Veteran England midfielder Frank Lampard is determined to reach the 100 international caps mark for his country despite getting ruled out of the Euro Cup.
Lampard has 90 caps so far, scoring 23 goals, and is set on reaching the ton to put him in an elite England club alongside only five others Peter Shilton, David Beckham, Bobby Moore, Bobby Charlton and Billy Wright.
There has been a speculation within the footballing circuit that Lampard’s latest set back might mark an end to his long international career, but the Chelsea star is adamant he would continue playing for England.
Lampard is also realistic that he might not get an opportunity to play in any of the major international tournaments again, but wants to continue playing in friendlies, and during England’s 2014 World Cup qualifiers.
“I don’t know, I’m taking it as it comes at the minute. I’m certainly not pulling out after the Euros but Brazil at 36 would be some feat for me in that heat,” Lampard said.
However, a source claimed Lampard is still not over with his international career, and is determined to reach the elite century mark.
“Frank is not thinking of packing it in with England. He is absolutely gutted about the injury because he had such a good end to the season with Chelsea,” the source said.
“But he still loves playing for England – and you have to go for the 100 caps if you can get there, haven’t you?” the source added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man?
- Mumbai architecture creates double decker bus from scrap!
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man? Part-2
- Jaipur girl Mini Rajpal wins Miss India Deaf 2015!
- Five unmanned parachutes spotted over Mumbai airport
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- CBSE.nic.in 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board (cbseresults.nic.in) Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced on May 25
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- Organisation demands re-examination of AIPMT 2015
- Death threat to PM Narendra Modi ahead of Mathura rally sends police into tizzy
- Kejriwal completes 100 days in office, AAP says centre 'shadow boxing' over row with LG
- CBSE Class 12th Board Results 2015 to be announced on Monday, May 25
- Online filing of applications for UPSC civil services exam begins
- No alliance with JD-U in Bihar: BJP
- Not just today, Muslims feeling alienated since 1947: Najma Heptulla
- Check cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 12 result 2015
- LIVE - Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced shortly
- Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others as Gujjar agitation continues
- Heatwave claims over 550 lives so far, Delhi saw hottest day