We couldn’t handle Russia counterattacks: Rosicky
Warsaw: Czech Republic midfielder Tomas Rosicky praised Russia`s counterattacking gameplan in their 4-1 Euro 2012win over his side on Friday.
Alan Dzagoev grabbed the headlines netting twice and further goals from Roman Pavlyuchenko and Roman Shirokov rendered Vaclav Pilar’s second-half strike irrelevant.
After the match, Rosicky revealed that his side had hoped to press their opposition early but were picked off by Dick Advocaat`s clinical team.
He told reporters: “We wanted to be active from the kick off, engaging in the attack but we failed whenever we lost the ball and Russia`s counter attacks were very tough for us to cope with.”
The Arsenal midfielder also expressed his belief that the Czech’s wastefulness cost them in the first half and left them chasing the game late on.
“There was a phase at the start when we weren`t scared, we had our chances and we were the better side," he continued.
"Being two-nil down at half time we couldn`t cope with counter attacks for the rest of the game. In our next matches will show how good we are.”
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA : When will Indian govt take strong actions against terrorism?
- Drunk girl assaults Mumbai police in Worli
- Arun Jaitley upset with Subramaniam Swami's Twitter attack
- Bombay HC to pronounce verdict on entry of woman to Haji Ali Dargah today
- DNA: When will Indian govt take strong actions against terrorism? - Part II
- UK pensions minister Crabb considering bid to succeed PM Cameron: Report
- Special panel on India's NSG membership bid? We're not aware, says China
- Ruby Rai, Bihar Class 12 topper now under arrest for cheating, says she never wanted to top the exam
- Euro 2016: Iceland stun England in one of greatest ever shocks
- Three new suicide attacks in Lebanon village near Syria