We couldn’t handle Russia counterattacks: Rosicky
Warsaw: Czech Republic midfielder Tomas Rosicky praised Russia`s counterattacking gameplan in their 4-1 Euro 2012win over his side on Friday.
Alan Dzagoev grabbed the headlines netting twice and further goals from Roman Pavlyuchenko and Roman Shirokov rendered Vaclav Pilar’s second-half strike irrelevant.
After the match, Rosicky revealed that his side had hoped to press their opposition early but were picked off by Dick Advocaat`s clinical team.
He told reporters: “We wanted to be active from the kick off, engaging in the attack but we failed whenever we lost the ball and Russia`s counter attacks were very tough for us to cope with.”
The Arsenal midfielder also expressed his belief that the Czech’s wastefulness cost them in the first half and left them chasing the game late on.
“There was a phase at the start when we weren`t scared, we had our chances and we were the better side," he continued.
"Being two-nil down at half time we couldn`t cope with counter attacks for the rest of the game. In our next matches will show how good we are.”
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Sonia Gandhi answer RSS's claim of igniting riots in the country?
- DNA: Only 4% of Indian polpulation pays income tax
- Police arrest person accused of abducting woman in Bengaluru
- Scientists find three Earth-sized planets orbiting dwarf star
- Kerala: Dalit law student brutally raped, murdered in Ernakulam
- TVS Motor sales up 16% in April
- Parineeti Chopra wants 'spa-like' personal spaces at her abode
- Nobody came to help while I screamed, says victim of Bengaluru kidnapping case
- Indian Premier League 2016: List of 11 injured players that have been ruled out of remaining tournament
- Kishore Biyani resigns as Managing Director of Future Retail