We couldn’t handle Russia counterattacks: Rosicky
Warsaw: Czech Republic midfielder Tomas Rosicky praised Russia`s counterattacking gameplan in their 4-1 Euro 2012win over his side on Friday.
Alan Dzagoev grabbed the headlines netting twice and further goals from Roman Pavlyuchenko and Roman Shirokov rendered Vaclav Pilar’s second-half strike irrelevant.
After the match, Rosicky revealed that his side had hoped to press their opposition early but were picked off by Dick Advocaat`s clinical team.
He told reporters: “We wanted to be active from the kick off, engaging in the attack but we failed whenever we lost the ball and Russia`s counter attacks were very tough for us to cope with.”
The Arsenal midfielder also expressed his belief that the Czech’s wastefulness cost them in the first half and left them chasing the game late on.
“There was a phase at the start when we weren`t scared, we had our chances and we were the better side," he continued.
"Being two-nil down at half time we couldn`t cope with counter attacks for the rest of the game. In our next matches will show how good we are.”
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi