We want to win Euro 2012: Sneijder
Amsterdam: Wesley Sneijder has insisted that Netherlands have set their sights on winning Euro 2012 after their failure in the World Cup final two years ago.
The Oranje have been paired with Denmark, Germany and Portugal in this year`s `Group of Death`, but the Inter midfielder is unfazed by the competition that awaits them in Group B, and is full of ambition ahead of the tournament.
"The changes Bert van Marwijk has made to our style of play since taking over have proven to be quite successful as we reached the final at the World Cup," Sneijder told De Telegraaf.
"We are now aiming to reach at least the final at Euro 2012. We want to do even better, though, and win the European title."
The Inter star also took the time to respond to Marco van Basten`s criticism in the wake of Netherlands` 2-1 friendly loss against Bulgaria on Saturday, where the former striker accused Van Marwijk of being too defensive in his approach.
"His attitude toward Van Marwijk and the team was a bit strange. It was not the right thing to do, and showed a lack of collegiality," he continued.
"Of course, he has the right to voice his opinion, but I`d have expected better of him."
Netherlands are currently preparing for Wednesday`s warm-up friendly against Slovakia at De Kuip.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Is Pakistan terrified of Yogi Adityanath as Uttar Pradesh CM?
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Ayodhya dispute: SC asks parties to solve matter amicably, offers mediation
- Should Ram Mandir issue be resolved through mutual understanding?
- This fiery speech by Yogi Adityanath in Parliament on communal riots is setting internet on fire - MUST WATCH
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next