We want to win Euro 2012: Sneijder
Amsterdam: Wesley Sneijder has insisted that Netherlands have set their sights on winning Euro 2012 after their failure in the World Cup final two years ago.
The Oranje have been paired with Denmark, Germany and Portugal in this year`s `Group of Death`, but the Inter midfielder is unfazed by the competition that awaits them in Group B, and is full of ambition ahead of the tournament.
"The changes Bert van Marwijk has made to our style of play since taking over have proven to be quite successful as we reached the final at the World Cup," Sneijder told De Telegraaf.
"We are now aiming to reach at least the final at Euro 2012. We want to do even better, though, and win the European title."
The Inter star also took the time to respond to Marco van Basten`s criticism in the wake of Netherlands` 2-1 friendly loss against Bulgaria on Saturday, where the former striker accused Van Marwijk of being too defensive in his approach.
"His attitude toward Van Marwijk and the team was a bit strange. It was not the right thing to do, and showed a lack of collegiality," he continued.
"Of course, he has the right to voice his opinion, but I`d have expected better of him."
Netherlands are currently preparing for Wednesday`s warm-up friendly against Slovakia at De Kuip.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof