You can only beat Spain dominating them, says Low
Munich: Germany coach Joachim Low has insisted that he does not have a specific game-plan to beat Spain at Euro 2012, as he feels the titleholders can only be defeated by playing a possession-based style of football.
The National elf lost the Euro 2008 final 1-0 against the Roja, while the Spaniards also ended Germany`s World Cup ambitions in 2010 at the semi-final stage.
"We do not have an anti-Spain plan," Low said.
"If you want to cause Spain problems, you will have to do so by playing football. You have to pressure them, and enjoy the majority of possession."
"If you cannot do that, and Spain do not have a bad day at the office and do not take their chances, beating them is going to be very complicated."
Germany have been paired with Denmark, Netherlands and Portugal in Group B, while Spain will have to deal with Croatia, Italy and Republic of Ireland in Group C.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Exclusive chat with Ranchi's visually challenged singer Tumpa Kumari
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- Kailash Vijayvargiya on Akshay Singh's death: Is a journalist bigger than me?
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K, one BSF jawan killed in Kupwara
- Mass failure in DU exam: HRD Minister Smriti Irani asks officials to enquire
- Suspicious Iranian boat seized off Kerala coast, Pakistani ID card recovered