Even 100 per cent may not yield a favourable result: Dika
Muscat: India`s promising midfielder Lalrindika Ralte said that giving even 100 per cent may not get the team a victory in Tuesday’s must-win match against hosts Oman in the AFC Under-22 football Championship here.
"In such a match, your hundred per cent may not yield a favourable result and you always need to pump into something extra. You have a look at our families and you`ll see we don`t get to be with them more than 10-15 days in a year. So we ought to make this sacrifice count," said Dika, as he is commonly known.
Asked about the team`s performance in the qualifying event, Dika said: "Prior to coming here, this was the `Group of Death.` But we still have a chance and are alive and ticking. That explains it all.
"We have been taught to be compact on the field and we stick to the instructions. Most importantly, your style of play has to be adjusted to what your team needs from you and not what you want to play as an individual. That stays the key."
Dika said that the USP of Arthur Papas`s side is team spirit and the players are always ready to support each other.
"Everyone is ready to support each other. Players who are not playing on a day are involved in the match as much as those who are sitting on the bench. The team spirit makes this an unique bunch," he said.
Dika also praised head coach Papas for the role he played in transforming the squad.
"I need to mention Arthur (Papas) has played a major hand in this. He has made all of us aware of our responsibilities both on and off the field," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Narendra Modi and Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum