Even 100 per cent may not yield a favourable result: Dika
Muscat: India`s promising midfielder Lalrindika Ralte said that giving even 100 per cent may not get the team a victory in Tuesday’s must-win match against hosts Oman in the AFC Under-22 football Championship here.
"In such a match, your hundred per cent may not yield a favourable result and you always need to pump into something extra. You have a look at our families and you`ll see we don`t get to be with them more than 10-15 days in a year. So we ought to make this sacrifice count," said Dika, as he is commonly known.
Asked about the team`s performance in the qualifying event, Dika said: "Prior to coming here, this was the `Group of Death.` But we still have a chance and are alive and ticking. That explains it all.
"We have been taught to be compact on the field and we stick to the instructions. Most importantly, your style of play has to be adjusted to what your team needs from you and not what you want to play as an individual. That stays the key."
Dika said that the USP of Arthur Papas`s side is team spirit and the players are always ready to support each other.
"Everyone is ready to support each other. Players who are not playing on a day are involved in the match as much as those who are sitting on the bench. The team spirit makes this an unique bunch," he said.
Dika also praised head coach Papas for the role he played in transforming the squad.
"I need to mention Arthur (Papas) has played a major hand in this. He has made all of us aware of our responsibilities both on and off the field," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shocking: New ISIS video shows English-speaking boy beheading man
- Panel discussion over politicians using Dalits as vote banks
- Modi should not think of sending forces to fight ISIS: AIMIM chief Owaisi
- DNA: Analysing problem of traffic jams choking Delhi roads - Part II
- DNA: Analysing problem of traffic jams choking Delhi roads
- `Jawaharlal Nehru awarded the man who stole Subhas Chandra Bose's INA treasure`
- Hashim Amla refuses to be interviewed by 'underdressed' Indian TV anchor: Report
- Scariest ever ghosts caught on camera, video goes viral - Watch
- ‘Ghayal Once Again’ tweet review
- Shocking ISIS video: English-speaking 10-year-old boy beheads hostage, warns America