Everton reject improved Man City bid for Lescott
London: Everton have rejected an improved 18 million pounds offer from Manchester City for defender Joleon Lescott, having turned down a 15 million pound bid two weeks ago.
"We can confirm we have received an offer of 18 million for Joleon Lescott from Manchester City and that offer has been rejected outright," the club said on their website."
The 26-year-old England international, who joined Everton from Wolves in 2006, is currently on tour with the club in the United States.
City failed in their bid to buy England captain John Terry from Chelsea but did strengthen their defence Wednesday with the acquisition of Kolo Toure from Arsenal.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Nawaz Sharif's dream of making Kashmir a terror hell will never come true, says Sushma Swaraj
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop good communication skills for a successful life?
- Curfew lifted from 4 districts of Kashmir valley
- Recently launched Pokemon Go gaining extreme popularity among users
- Rajnath Singh meets J&K CM Mehbooba Mufti to discuss current situation in valley
- MUST WATCH: One to be treasured! Virat Kohli's 200 and Sunil Gavaskar's generous applause
- SCOPE for accountability check of NGOs getting funds from PSUs
- Govt to invest Rs 200 crore on scaling up existing incubators
- MUST WATCH VIDEO FOR ALL CRICKET FANS: When Rahul Dravid found himself stranded against XI South Africans
- Dayashankar row: How sympathising BSP leader Nasimuddin Siddiqui turns into a 'villain' – READ