Everton reject improved Man City bid for Lescott
London: Everton have rejected an improved 18 million pounds offer from Manchester City for defender Joleon Lescott, having turned down a 15 million pound bid two weeks ago.
"We can confirm we have received an offer of 18 million for Joleon Lescott from Manchester City and that offer has been rejected outright," the club said on their website."
The 26-year-old England international, who joined Everton from Wolves in 2006, is currently on tour with the club in the United States.
City failed in their bid to buy England captain John Terry from Chelsea but did strengthen their defence Wednesday with the acquisition of Kolo Toure from Arsenal.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate