Everton reject improved Man City bid for Lescott
London: Everton have rejected an improved 18 million pounds offer from Manchester City for defender Joleon Lescott, having turned down a 15 million pound bid two weeks ago.
"We can confirm we have received an offer of 18 million for Joleon Lescott from Manchester City and that offer has been rejected outright," the club said on their website."
The 26-year-old England international, who joined Everton from Wolves in 2006, is currently on tour with the club in the United States.
City failed in their bid to buy England captain John Terry from Chelsea but did strengthen their defence Wednesday with the acquisition of Kolo Toure from Arsenal.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bipasha Basu, Karan Singh Grover set floor ablaze with killer moves at wedding reception – Watch here
- Petrol, diesel-run cabs banned from Delhi-NCR roads from today
- Wealth from waste: A novel Indian biotech solution
- IAF chopper sprinkles water to douse Uttarakhand forest fires; Rajnath Singh reviews situation
- China may reconsider stand on Pakistani terrorists Hafiz Saeed, Masood Azhar?