Everton reject improved Man City bid for Lescott
London: Everton have rejected an improved 18 million pounds offer from Manchester City for defender Joleon Lescott, having turned down a 15 million pound bid two weeks ago.
"We can confirm we have received an offer of 18 million for Joleon Lescott from Manchester City and that offer has been rejected outright," the club said on their website."
The 26-year-old England international, who joined Everton from Wolves in 2006, is currently on tour with the club in the United States.
City failed in their bid to buy England captain John Terry from Chelsea but did strengthen their defence Wednesday with the acquisition of Kolo Toure from Arsenal.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Olympic bronze medallist Sakshi Malik returns home from Rio to grand welcome!
- Rahul Gandhi takes U-turn, says never blamed RSS for Gandhi's assassination
- Secret documents on Indian Navy's Scorpene-class submarine leaked
- PM Modi's photos, Indian flags raised during massive protests in Balochistan
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy?
- India to buy 500 helicopters, 12 submarines, over 200 fighter jets in next 10 years: Report
- Pakistan denies Dawood's presence in Karachi, says 'UN report motivated by India's aim to malign us'
- 'Chikungunya cases highest this year since 2006'
- Umbilical cells linked to increase risk of obesity: Study
- New movement discovered in blink of an eye