Everton sign Belgium striker Mirallas
London: Everton have signed Belgium forward Kevin Mirallas from Greek side Olympiacos on a four-year deal, the English Premier League side said Sunday.
Mirallas, 24, will not be available for Everton`s first match of the season at home to Manchester United Monday because of league registration rules, but could debut against Aston Villa Saturday.
The fee for the transfer is reportedly in the region of seven million euros.
"I`ll give my best for the fans and the team and they`ll be able to see what I can bring to the team," he said on the Everton website.
"I`m a forward player and I can play behind the striker, on the left and on the right but I`m just looking forward to playing whatever the position."
Mirallas becomes Everton`s second Belgian international after midfielder Marouane
Fellaini, who the new arrival said had recommended the Toffees to him.
Mirallas scored 34 times in 52 league games at Olympiacos.
He has five goals and 28 caps for Belgium.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sachin Tendulkar joins Narendra Modi's #SelfieWithDaughter campaign
- Madrasas that do not teach primary subjects to be considered 'non-schools', says Maharashtra govt
- BJP MP Hema Malini injured, one child killed in Dausa road accident
- Parliamentary panel recommends 100% salary hike for MPs, health benefits for grandchildren
- Congress 'weak' to stop Modi; Rahul 'out of touch' with reality: Hansraj Bhardwaj