Everton sign Belgium striker Mirallas
London: Everton have signed Belgium forward Kevin Mirallas from Greek side Olympiacos on a four-year deal, the English Premier League side said Sunday.
Mirallas, 24, will not be available for Everton`s first match of the season at home to Manchester United Monday because of league registration rules, but could debut against Aston Villa Saturday.
The fee for the transfer is reportedly in the region of seven million euros.
"I`ll give my best for the fans and the team and they`ll be able to see what I can bring to the team," he said on the Everton website.
"I`m a forward player and I can play behind the striker, on the left and on the right but I`m just looking forward to playing whatever the position."
Mirallas becomes Everton`s second Belgian international after midfielder Marouane
Fellaini, who the new arrival said had recommended the Toffees to him.
Mirallas scored 34 times in 52 league games at Olympiacos.
He has five goals and 28 caps for Belgium.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- J&K: Suspected Pakistani spy arrested in Samba district
- DNA: Reporting on war against ISIS in Mosul
- LIVE Cricket Score, IND vs NZ, 3rd ODI: Kohli-Dhoni stand keeps India in hunt
- Samajwadi Party feud LIVE: After his sacking, Ramgopal Yadav writes to Mulayam, says 'you're surrounded by evil forces'
- 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' row: Raj Thackeray says Rs 5 crore 'penance' for signing Pakistani artistes
- Kerala dress code row: 'Why not 'mundus' for men, if 'sarees' for women'
- PM Narendra Modi warns of 'surgical strikes' against black money, corruption