Everyone said I was finished: Ronaldinho
Brasilia: Ronaldinho has voiced his delight with Atletico Mineiro`s hard-fought Copa Libertadores win over Olimpia and has hit back at his critics who claimed the forward was in decline.
Mineiro were beaten 2-0 in the first leg of the final in Paraguay but turned things around in the return as goals from Jo and Leonardo Silva levelled the tie before the Brazilians ultimately triumphed on penalties.
"This is the reason why I returned to Brazil. This is the one trophy that was still missing," Ronaldinho was quoted as saying by Reuters.
"Everyone said that I was finished and that my time was over. Let them talk now..."
Wednesday`s victory saw Ronaldinho join an elite group consisting of Cafu, Roque Junior, Dida, Carlos Tevez, Walter Samuel and Pablo Sorin to have lifted both the Champions League and Copa Libertadores trophies.
The 33-year-old won European club football`s elite competition with Barcelona in 2005-06.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- Pakistan Senate passes Hindu Marriage Bill
- This video of Brett Lee's 143m six is taking internet by storm – Watch Video
- India can meet its energy requirements from Moon by 2030, says ISRO
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley