Everyone said I was finished: Ronaldinho
Brasilia: Ronaldinho has voiced his delight with Atletico Mineiro`s hard-fought Copa Libertadores win over Olimpia and has hit back at his critics who claimed the forward was in decline.
Mineiro were beaten 2-0 in the first leg of the final in Paraguay but turned things around in the return as goals from Jo and Leonardo Silva levelled the tie before the Brazilians ultimately triumphed on penalties.
"This is the reason why I returned to Brazil. This is the one trophy that was still missing," Ronaldinho was quoted as saying by Reuters.
"Everyone said that I was finished and that my time was over. Let them talk now..."
Wednesday`s victory saw Ronaldinho join an elite group consisting of Cafu, Roque Junior, Dida, Carlos Tevez, Walter Samuel and Pablo Sorin to have lifted both the Champions League and Copa Libertadores trophies.
The 33-year-old won European club football`s elite competition with Barcelona in 2005-06.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Sad reality behind the shutting down of the historic Gita Press
- Sonakshi Sinha apologises to Sarabjit, accused in Tilak Nagar case
- Twists and turns: Possible theories about Sheena Bora's murder
- DNA: With new facts emerging, Sheena Bora's murder mystery further deepens
- Sheena Bora murder: Mikhail to be brought to Mumbai for questioning
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Sheena Bora was introduced to me as aunt: Indrani Mukerjea-Sanjeev Khanna's daughter Vidhie
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- A peek into Indrani Mukerjea's past
- Sheena Bora murder case: When Indrani Mukerjea broke down during questioning