Everyone said I was finished: Ronaldinho
Brasilia: Ronaldinho has voiced his delight with Atletico Mineiro`s hard-fought Copa Libertadores win over Olimpia and has hit back at his critics who claimed the forward was in decline.
Mineiro were beaten 2-0 in the first leg of the final in Paraguay but turned things around in the return as goals from Jo and Leonardo Silva levelled the tie before the Brazilians ultimately triumphed on penalties.
"This is the reason why I returned to Brazil. This is the one trophy that was still missing," Ronaldinho was quoted as saying by Reuters.
"Everyone said that I was finished and that my time was over. Let them talk now..."
Wednesday`s victory saw Ronaldinho join an elite group consisting of Cafu, Roque Junior, Dida, Carlos Tevez, Walter Samuel and Pablo Sorin to have lifted both the Champions League and Copa Libertadores trophies.
The 33-year-old won European club football`s elite competition with Barcelona in 2005-06.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details