Evra banking on `Chelsea 2012 type miracle` to help Man Utd win CL title
London: Manchester United left-back Patrice Evra has said that the club`s current season reminds him of the Chelsea season when they were not playing well in the Premier League but went on to win the Champions League in 2012.
Evra said that it is `painful` that United are hoping to save their season in one game adding that now they have to make sure their fans are proud as they face Bayern Munich in the second leg of the Premier League quarterfinal on Wednesday.
According to the BBC, Chelsea had finished sixth in the Premier League in 2012, which is United`s current position, but won the Champions League nonetheless.
Evra, who missed the first leg and the 4-0 victory at Newcastle on Saturday due to a knee injury, said that in the Champions League United plays good, they are confident.
Evra, who is expecting to be fit for the game in Munich, also said that it feels that United is all up for their upcoming clash against Bayern Munich more than in the Premier League or the cup.
Although United have struggled at home, they have the best away record in the English top-flight this season, the report added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice
- Home Ministry holds high-level meet over ISIS
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- 'Remembering Dr APJ Abdul Kalam' - President Pranab Mukherjee's photo tribute on Twitter