Evra banking on `Chelsea 2012 type miracle` to help Man Utd win CL title
London: Manchester United left-back Patrice Evra has said that the club`s current season reminds him of the Chelsea season when they were not playing well in the Premier League but went on to win the Champions League in 2012.
Evra said that it is `painful` that United are hoping to save their season in one game adding that now they have to make sure their fans are proud as they face Bayern Munich in the second leg of the Premier League quarterfinal on Wednesday.
According to the BBC, Chelsea had finished sixth in the Premier League in 2012, which is United`s current position, but won the Champions League nonetheless.
Evra, who missed the first leg and the 4-0 victory at Newcastle on Saturday due to a knee injury, said that in the Champions League United plays good, they are confident.
Evra, who is expecting to be fit for the game in Munich, also said that it feels that United is all up for their upcoming clash against Bayern Munich more than in the Premier League or the cup.
Although United have struggled at home, they have the best away record in the English top-flight this season, the report added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- I believe this election will punish the old govts that spoiled Bihar, says PM Modi
- DNA: 50-lane traffic jam in China during national holiday
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Why CBI is worried about Indian men’s lust for violent porn
- Bihar polls: Two surveys predict majority for Grand Alliance, one give edge to NDA
- What's happening in Noida! Now, a Dalit family resorts to nude protest
- Mother Teresa’s Missionaries of Charity orphanages to be derecognised?