Evra banking on `Chelsea 2012 type miracle` to help Man Utd win CL title
London: Manchester United left-back Patrice Evra has said that the club`s current season reminds him of the Chelsea season when they were not playing well in the Premier League but went on to win the Champions League in 2012.
Evra said that it is `painful` that United are hoping to save their season in one game adding that now they have to make sure their fans are proud as they face Bayern Munich in the second leg of the Premier League quarterfinal on Wednesday.
According to the BBC, Chelsea had finished sixth in the Premier League in 2012, which is United`s current position, but won the Champions League nonetheless.
Evra, who missed the first leg and the 4-0 victory at Newcastle on Saturday due to a knee injury, said that in the Champions League United plays good, they are confident.
Evra, who is expecting to be fit for the game in Munich, also said that it feels that United is all up for their upcoming clash against Bayern Munich more than in the Premier League or the cup.
Although United have struggled at home, they have the best away record in the English top-flight this season, the report added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Coimbatore: PM Narendra Modi unveils 112-foot tall bust of Lord Shiva
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's remark on terrorists
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Zee Media Exclusive: In conversation with BJP President Amit Shah
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- India vs Australia, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...
- BMC poll results: Shiv Sena approaches Congress for pact, party says 'not interested'