Evra in 31.2 mln-pound-`tug of war` with French clubs PSG, Monaco
London: Manchester United left-back Patrice Evra is reportedly being targeted by French clubs Paris-Saint Germain (PSG) and Monaco, both of who are ready to offer him a whopping four-year contract worth 31.2 million pounds.
Evra will be out of contract at the end of the season and knows United boss David Moyes has plans to sign Everton`s Leighton Baines to replace him.
According to a Newspaper, the Frenchman insisted that although he `loves` United, he wants his future sorted before the World Cup in Brazil this summer, and the report added that a return to his home country as a free agent would see him almost double his current United wage of around 85,000 pounds-a-week.
The report mentioned that Evra has the pick of the two wealthiest clubs in the French League, with Monaco wanting him back after selling him to United seven years ago for a fee of 5.5 million pounds.
But PSG, managed by former United defender Laurent Blanc, has claimed that they are clear favourites to win the battle after having worked with him for France.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mann Ki Baat: PM Modi pays tribute to Kargil war martyrs
- Parade and hang Tiger, not Yakub: Salman Khan
- India to give fresh dossier to Pakistan on Lakhvi, Dawood, Hafiz
- Veterans serve country but do not get their due, says Anna Hazare
- Salman's controversial tweet on Yakub Memon a 'contempt of court'?
- Watch: Yuvraj Singh takes up Shoaib Malik's challenge, puts on his dancing shoes
- Mann ki Baat: Govt to provide cashless treatment to road accident victims, says PM Modi
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- Exercise, healthy food prevent knee pain in adults with diabetes