Exit clause in Liverpool contract keeping Barca, Madrid options open for Suarez
London: Luis Suarez could still quit Liverpool next summer, despite signing a bumper new contract at Anfield, according to reports.
According to the Daily Star, Suarez is keen to stay at Liverpool but has engineered an escape clause allowing him to join Barcelona or Real Madrid if they come knocking.
Suarez put pen to paper on a new four-and-a-half year deal on Friday, to become the highest-paid player in the club`s history on around 180,000 pounds-a-week plus bonuses, the report said.
However, the schemer, 26 - who scored twice yesterday against Cardiff to take his tally to 19 in 13 league games - demanded certain guarantees from the Reds` top brass, the report added.
Chief among those was the right to negotiate an exit if either Real Madrid or Barcelona come in for him at the end of the season, the report further said.
Suarez spent all of last summer agitating for a transfer and has not given up on his dream of one day playing for one of Spanish football`s top clubs, the report mentioned.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened