Exit clause in Liverpool contract keeping Barca, Madrid options open for Suarez
London: Luis Suarez could still quit Liverpool next summer, despite signing a bumper new contract at Anfield, according to reports.
According to the Daily Star, Suarez is keen to stay at Liverpool but has engineered an escape clause allowing him to join Barcelona or Real Madrid if they come knocking.
Suarez put pen to paper on a new four-and-a-half year deal on Friday, to become the highest-paid player in the club`s history on around 180,000 pounds-a-week plus bonuses, the report said.
However, the schemer, 26 - who scored twice yesterday against Cardiff to take his tally to 19 in 13 league games - demanded certain guarantees from the Reds` top brass, the report added.
Chief among those was the right to negotiate an exit if either Real Madrid or Barcelona come in for him at the end of the season, the report further said.
Suarez spent all of last summer agitating for a transfer and has not given up on his dream of one day playing for one of Spanish football`s top clubs, the report mentioned.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- No trace of IAF's AN-32 aircraft and survivors
- Rio Olympics 2016: NADA to take decision on Narsingh Yadav's fate today
- Intruder who ‘spiked’ wrestler Narsingh Yadav’s food identified: Sources
- China increases soldiers at Ladakh's Pangong Lake
- Madhya Pradesh: Two women assaulted at railway station for carrying beef
- Lok Sabha passes child labour Bill despite opposition from children's rights activists
- India unlikely to get Kohinoor diamond back, hints UK minister
- Narshingh Yadav doping scandal: ‘Intruder’ who may have spiked wrestler's food identified?
- IMF says Egypt seeking financial support
- Pacer Kagiso Rabada scoops six South African awards