Exit clause in Liverpool contract keeping Barca, Madrid options open for Suarez
London: Luis Suarez could still quit Liverpool next summer, despite signing a bumper new contract at Anfield, according to reports.
According to the Daily Star, Suarez is keen to stay at Liverpool but has engineered an escape clause allowing him to join Barcelona or Real Madrid if they come knocking.
Suarez put pen to paper on a new four-and-a-half year deal on Friday, to become the highest-paid player in the club`s history on around 180,000 pounds-a-week plus bonuses, the report said.
However, the schemer, 26 - who scored twice yesterday against Cardiff to take his tally to 19 in 13 league games - demanded certain guarantees from the Reds` top brass, the report added.
Chief among those was the right to negotiate an exit if either Real Madrid or Barcelona come in for him at the end of the season, the report further said.
Suarez spent all of last summer agitating for a transfer and has not given up on his dream of one day playing for one of Spanish football`s top clubs, the report mentioned.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of how Indian women's success in Olympics changed mindset of our society
- DNA: Analysis of how Indian women's success in Olympics changed mindset of our society- Part II
- DNA: Analysis of loss caused by floods in India
- DNA: Arunachal Pradesh gets gift of 2000km strategic road
- DNA: Arunachal Pradesh gets gift of 2000 km strategic road - Part II
- Wriddhiman Saha, Ravichandran Ashwin biggest positives in this series: Virat Kohli
- Can't yet verify if wedding bomber was child or linked to Islamic State: Turkish PM
- Donald Trump denies 'flip flopping' on immigration
- Govt plans to launch PM research fellowships for IIT graduates from next academic year
- Guwahati to host 2016 Indian Super League season opener