‘Explosive’ Letter exposes Venkys shambolic reign
London: An explosive letter sent by Blackburn Rovers’ deputy chief executive Paul Hunt has brought in light the sad state of affairs at the club under their India owners Venkys, resulting in their relegation after playing for eleven years in the Premier League.
Ewood Park’s most senior executive delivered the letter to Venky’s chief Anuradha Desai in December at a time when Hunt had reached snapping point over the catastrophic state of affairs.
Hunt raised several issues in the letter, which was written after Blackburn’s 2-1 loss to Bolton in December, and requested Venkys to seriously consider his suggestions, but his plea fell on deaf ears.
One of the points Hunt raised in his letter was that he had begged for more funding to avoid the club going into administration with a 10 million pound demand from Barclays bank looming.
Hunt had also asked the owners to sack Steve Kean as the manager of the club. He apprised them of fears over staff pay, and that the board could lose their houses if Rovers went under.
The Venkys were also requested to make frequent visits at Ewood Park in the letter, and Hunt expressed his frustration over having minimum contact with them.
Hunt also warned Venkys that they might lose fans and sponsorship, such as kit supplier Umbro, if the same conditions persist.
“I feel that I must now write to you to ask you to make some significant changes to save the club, perhaps from Premier League relegation but also perhaps from administration,” a daily quoted Hunt’s letter, as saying.
Venkys weren’t available to comment on the matter. The club has accepted the letter was genuine but declined to say anything on it.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Watch: Wife catches husband with his girlfriend at Goa Airport
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Sushma Swaraj ties rakhi to M Venkaiah Naidu
- Indrani Mukerjea's son Mikhail emailed Sheena Bora's resignation letter
- Know box-office report of Saif-Katrina's 'Phantom'
- Ten interesting facts about hockey legend Dhyan Chand