FA charge John Terry over alleged abuse of Anton Ferdinand
London: Chelsea captain John Terry has been charged by the FA in relation to the abuse he directed at Anton Ferdinand in the club`s fiery clash with QPR last season, but has immediately denied any wrongdoing and will seek a personal hearing.
The Football Association, who will make no further comments following their decision, sought advice from an external Independent QC and have chosen to charge Terry despite his successful criminal court trial verdict.
Terry was cleared of racially abusing Ferdinand at Westminster Magistrates` Court but Association chiefs have found him to have not only used abusive language and behaviour, but that it was also racially motivated too.
The FA were quick to clarify that their investigation into proceedings was hel entirely seperately from the outcome of the trial and would relate to "rules governing football only."
Terry will still be available for England duty and had been given a deadline of August 3 to respond, but his immediate denial indicates how vehmently he feels about the matter.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- DNA: Should strict action be taken against stone pelters of J&K?
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- Gautam Gambhir gives Aussies perfect send-off, says true champions let their game do all the talking!
- Here's why Donald Trump called PM Narendra Modi