FA Cup Preview: Chelsea vs Manchester United
London: Juan Mata, Eden Hazard, Ashley Cole, David Luiz, Ramires and Demba Ba should all return to Rafa Benitez`s starting line-up after missing Chelsea`s league defeat at Southampton on Saturday.
The Chelsea boss could make around six changes to his side ahead of a run of five games in the next 13 days.
Gary Cahill (knee) is a doubt so John Terry is likely to continue in defence alongside Luiz. With Ba cup-tied for the Blues in the Europa League, the Senegalese should be handed a start on Monday. Mata should return to the side after missing the match at St Mary`s with illness.
Sir Alex Ferguson is also likely to make several changes to his side after rotating the team in the weekend win at Sunderland.
Phil Jones could return to the side at right-back after Rafael (groin) was forced off at the weekend. Tom Cleverley and Ryan Giggs are also likely to feature after sitting out Saturday`s match.
In attack, Danny Welbeck and Chicharito will hope for a starting berth with Nani also ready to come in. Antonio Valencia, Ashley Young and Robin van Persie should drop to the bench.
• Chelsea defender Ashley Cole has won the FA Cup more times than any other player, lifting the famous trophy an astonishing seven times.
• Juan Mata recently became the first Premier League player to score 10 goals and provide 10 assists.
• Manchester United striker Chicharito (pictured right) enjoys playing against Chelsea, the Mexican striker has struck in five of his last seven games against the Blues in all competitions.
• No player in the top flight has hit the woodwork more than Van Persie this season. The Dutchman has been denied by a post or the crossbar seven times.
• Left-back Patrice Evra has played more minutes (2,430) than any other United player in the league this season.
• Eighteen goals have been scored in the three meetings between the sides this season.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shocking: New ISIS video shows English-speaking boy beheading man
- Panel discussion over politicians using Dalits as vote banks
- Modi should not think of sending forces to fight ISIS: AIMIM chief Owaisi
- DNA: Analysing problem of traffic jams choking Delhi roads - Part II
- DNA: Analysing problem of traffic jams choking Delhi roads
- `Jawaharlal Nehru awarded the man who stole Subhas Chandra Bose's INA treasure`
- Hashim Amla refuses to be interviewed by 'underdressed' Indian TV anchor: Report
- Scariest ever ghosts caught on camera, video goes viral - Watch
- ‘Ghayal Once Again’ tweet review
- Shocking ISIS video: English-speaking 10-year-old boy beheads hostage, warns America