FA launches new code of conduct for England players to clip down misdemeanors
London: The Football Association (FA) will launch a new code of conduct for England players, which could also lead to suspensions in case of serious offences, and this step by the governing body is seen as an attempt to clip down growing number of players’ misdemeanors.
Roy Hodgson’s players were given a PowerPoint presentation about the code by Adrian Bevington, the managing director of Club England, at their new St George’s Park base, which explained that warnings remain a likely restraint but that suspensions were an option.
The FA aims to have its own version of code for players, signed by the squad before next month’s friendly with Sweden in Stockholm.
The FA Board and all the England coaches, including Roy Hodgson and Hope Powell, have approved it.
“The England players are representing their country, they’re role models, their behavior is incredibly important in respect of everything else we’re trying to do,” the Telegraph quoted FA chairman David Bernstein, as saying.
“I feel very strongly about that. It should really have been brought in years and years ago. Clearly in the past we’ve been hampered by not having a code and some things have been less clear than they might have been,” he added.
The code has been mooted for some time, and it has three sections: first, general conduct, whether with England or not; second, conduct when the player is with England; third, how the FA will manage the process of breach or alleged breach.
Bevington said: “If someone transgresses in a way that brings the integrity of the team or themselves or the organization into question, we have the ability to warn them, or if we deem it appropriate, under significant circumstances, to suspend them from England.”
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- Mumbaikars join hands to save Pakistani teen with rare illness
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- Mirage 2000 fighter jet landing was part of capability demonstration: IAF
- One year of Modi govt: Arun Jaitley addresses press conference
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- Zee Media Exclusive: Kangana, Madhavan talk about their film 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns'
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with Congress leader Kamal Nath
- Woman robbed at gunpoint inside Hyderabad ATM
- DNA: Harmful chemicals found in Maggi, Nestle India still in denial mode
- Is MSG in 'Maggi' noodles harmful for you?
- Mumbai firm booked for denying Muslim MBA graduate job on religious grounds, probe ordered
- Jayalalithaa makes public appearance, meets Governor: As it happened
- New IPL rules could see Chennai Super Kings lose MS Dhoni
- `Piku` hits jackpot, does Rs 100 crore business worldwide
- Geelani's passport application incomplete, cannot be processed: MEA
- CBSE Class X Results 2015 to be announced today?
- Lalu Yadav invites Jitan Ram Manjhi for joint fight against BJP, JD(U) upset
- Littering, defacement to be made punishable offence
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 may not be announced today
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2: CSK vs RCB - As it happened...
- Kejriwal slams notification on LG's powers, says Modi running Delhi govt through back door
- India to soon have its own space shuttle!
- Check Jharkhand JAC 12th Intermediate Arts Results 2015 on jac.nic.in
- Check rajresults.nic.in: Rajasthan Board Class 12th results 2015 to be declared today