FA reviewing footage of Chelsea star Eden Hazard kicking ball boy
London: The Football Association have confirmed they are reviewing the footage of Eden Hazard`s red card during Chelsea`s goalless draw with Swansea in Wednesday`s Capital One Cup semi-final second leg at the Liberty Stadium.
Hazard was dismissed for appearing to kick a ball boy - 17-year-old Charlie Morgan, son of Swansea director Martin - who had fallen on the ball in the closing stages of the match.
The Belgian will serve a minimum three-match ban as a result of the straight red card for violent conduct, but his actions have attracted widespread condemnation and calls for harsher punishment.
South Wales Police confirmed that no criminal charges will be brought against Hazard, while it has emerged both parties made peace and apologised for their actions in the Chelsea dressing room after the match.
The incident has overshadowed Swansea`s historic passage to the final of the Capital One Cup, where they will face League Two side Bradford City as they aim to secure a first major trophy in the club`s history.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Yakub Memon's body handed over to family, tight security in Mumbai
- Yakub Memon wanted to meet his daughter before being hanged
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'