FA reviewing footage of Chelsea star Eden Hazard kicking ball boy
London: The Football Association have confirmed they are reviewing the footage of Eden Hazard`s red card during Chelsea`s goalless draw with Swansea in Wednesday`s Capital One Cup semi-final second leg at the Liberty Stadium.
Hazard was dismissed for appearing to kick a ball boy - 17-year-old Charlie Morgan, son of Swansea director Martin - who had fallen on the ball in the closing stages of the match.
The Belgian will serve a minimum three-match ban as a result of the straight red card for violent conduct, but his actions have attracted widespread condemnation and calls for harsher punishment.
South Wales Police confirmed that no criminal charges will be brought against Hazard, while it has emerged both parties made peace and apologised for their actions in the Chelsea dressing room after the match.
The incident has overshadowed Swansea`s historic passage to the final of the Capital One Cup, where they will face League Two side Bradford City as they aim to secure a first major trophy in the club`s history.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- LIVE: After surgical strikes by Indian Army, Nawaz Sharif says Pakistan wants peace
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’