FA reviewing footage of Chelsea star Eden Hazard kicking ball boy
London: The Football Association have confirmed they are reviewing the footage of Eden Hazard`s red card during Chelsea`s goalless draw with Swansea in Wednesday`s Capital One Cup semi-final second leg at the Liberty Stadium.
Hazard was dismissed for appearing to kick a ball boy - 17-year-old Charlie Morgan, son of Swansea director Martin - who had fallen on the ball in the closing stages of the match.
The Belgian will serve a minimum three-match ban as a result of the straight red card for violent conduct, but his actions have attracted widespread condemnation and calls for harsher punishment.
South Wales Police confirmed that no criminal charges will be brought against Hazard, while it has emerged both parties made peace and apologised for their actions in the Chelsea dressing room after the match.
The incident has overshadowed Swansea`s historic passage to the final of the Capital One Cup, where they will face League Two side Bradford City as they aim to secure a first major trophy in the club`s history.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Terrorist outfit IS releases hitlist; 4000 people including 285 Indians targeted
- Mumbai: Woman missing after falling in manhole
- Mann Ki Baat: PM recalls dark days of 1975 Emergency, says democracy is our strength
- Mann Ki Baat: Conserve every drop of water, says PM
- PM Modi launches 'Smart City Project' in Pune
- Rock stars and celebrities react with dismay to Brexit
- WATCH: How AAP MLA Dinesh Mohaniya was arrested by Delhi Police amidst high drama during press conference
- BJP president Amit Shah sounds poll bugle in Uttarakhand; slams Congress, Harish Rawat
- IIFA 2016: Why should Oscars become benchmark to celebrate Indian cinema, asks Anupam Kher
- US floods: 24 dead in West Virginia; search and rescue continues