FA wants Man Utd Adnan Januzaj to play for England
London: Manchester United star Adnan Januzaj could play for the England national soccer team in the future as the FA tries to make desperate moves to explore this option.
According to the Mirror, England, however, must hope Januzaj is willing to sit tight for five years because of FIFA red tape.
Januzaj marked his first Premier League start in stunning fashion by scoring both goals in United`s 2-1 victory at Sunderland, the report said.
United boss David Moyes revealed England are one of four countries to approach the Old Traffordclub about claiming Januzaj and understands the reasons for their requests, the report added.
Despite being born in Brussels, Januzaj has rejected call-ups from Belgium and the 18-year-old could eventually qualify for England on residency grounds, the report further said.
FIFA rules state a player must continuously live in the country for five years after their 18th birthday, meaning Januzaj would not be eligible for England until 2018, according to the report.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Air India lodges FIR against Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad for assaulting staffer
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why
- Know how to link your PAN card with Aadhaar card – Here is the step by step explanation
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Yogi Adityanath meets gang-rape survivor, who was forced to drink acid, at Lucknow hospital; two arrested