FA wants Man Utd Adnan Januzaj to play for England
London: Manchester United star Adnan Januzaj could play for the England national soccer team in the future as the FA tries to make desperate moves to explore this option.
According to the Mirror, England, however, must hope Januzaj is willing to sit tight for five years because of FIFA red tape.
Januzaj marked his first Premier League start in stunning fashion by scoring both goals in United`s 2-1 victory at Sunderland, the report said.
United boss David Moyes revealed England are one of four countries to approach the Old Traffordclub about claiming Januzaj and understands the reasons for their requests, the report added.
Despite being born in Brussels, Januzaj has rejected call-ups from Belgium and the 18-year-old could eventually qualify for England on residency grounds, the report further said.
FIFA rules state a player must continuously live in the country for five years after their 18th birthday, meaning Januzaj would not be eligible for England until 2018, according to the report.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi