FA won't take any action against Wenger for referee rant
Zeenews Sports Bureau
London: Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger has escaped FA charge following his rant against referee L Probert during Arsenal’s 2-1 loss at Fulham.
Wenger had described Probert’s decision to send off Johan Djourou for two bookable offences as “naïve” while he blamed the opposition of deliberately trying to send him off.
Wenger had said “The ref influenced the game in completely the wrong way. I felt the referee got it all wrong and all on the same side."
However, an FA spokesman confirmed that they won’t be taking the matter any further.
"We have looked at the statements made and I can confirm we won`t be taking the matter further." the spokesman was quoted as saying in a daily.
Meanwhile Fulham fullback John Arne Riise hit back at Wenger for his accusations.
“That is not fair play and we never do that. The referee made the right decision." he said.
Monday’s loss at Fulham meant that Arsenal’s hope of ending the season in top three have grown slimmer and the most they can hope for is a fourth place finish.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- PM Modi greets nation on occasion of first Constitution Day
- Manjula Vaghela's journey: From rag picker to head of a firm with Rs 1 cr turnover!
- Indian Army faces shortage of field firing ranges in J&K
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know
- See pic: Genelia marks son's birthday!