Fabio Capello becomes new coach of Russia
Moscow: Former England coach Fabio Capello has signed for Russia, he said Thursday.
Capello had been in negotiations this month, which dragged on over unspecified details of the contract, even after he was named the "de facto" coach by the Russian FA.
Capello suggested he was on a two-year deal, as had been reported earlier.
"The goal is the FIFA World Cup in Brazil," he said, referring to the 2014 tournament.
The job is his first since leaving England in February after a dispute with the English FA over the captaincy.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Panel discussion on RSS's 'Muslim Rashtriya Manch' first Iftaar party
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- MPs spend more than Rs 25 cr taxpayers' money on study tours: DNA reports
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Chile stun Argentina to win first Copa America crown