Fabregas eager for `historic` Clasico Champions League final
Madrid: Barcelona midfielder Cesc Fabregas is desperate to reach the Champions League final this season - and to face bitter rivals Real Madrid at Wembley.
The Liga giants take on Bayern Munich and Borussia Dortmund in the last four of the competition and, while he acknowledges the formidable task of defeating the newly-crowned Bundesliga champions, the former Arsenal captain is keen for a Clasico showdown in May.
"I want a Real Madrid-Barcelona final. It would be a very important game in the history of football," he told radio station RAC1.
"However, first we must think of the semi-final against Bayern. This will be extremely tough, a huge game."
Fabregas went on to describe the impact of the returns of Tito Vilanova and Eric Abidal to the Barca camp, revealing how the duo`s respective battles against cancer have been inspirations to the squad.
"Tito and Abidal have given us a lot of inner strength to continue to fight until the final," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- DNA analysis of Yakub Memon's final moments in Nagpur Jail
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened
- 2 NDA, 4 UPA leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim before 26/11: Report