Fabregas eager for `historic` Clasico Champions League final
Madrid: Barcelona midfielder Cesc Fabregas is desperate to reach the Champions League final this season - and to face bitter rivals Real Madrid at Wembley.
The Liga giants take on Bayern Munich and Borussia Dortmund in the last four of the competition and, while he acknowledges the formidable task of defeating the newly-crowned Bundesliga champions, the former Arsenal captain is keen for a Clasico showdown in May.
"I want a Real Madrid-Barcelona final. It would be a very important game in the history of football," he told radio station RAC1.
"However, first we must think of the semi-final against Bayern. This will be extremely tough, a huge game."
Fabregas went on to describe the impact of the returns of Tito Vilanova and Eric Abidal to the Barca camp, revealing how the duo`s respective battles against cancer have been inspirations to the squad.
"Tito and Abidal have given us a lot of inner strength to continue to fight until the final," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- I believe this election will punish the old govts that spoiled Bihar, says PM Modi
- DNA: 50-lane traffic jam in China during national holiday
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Why CBI is worried about Indian men’s lust for violent porn
- What's happening in Noida! Now, a Dalit family resorts to nude protest
- Bihar Assembly Elections: Opinion poll predicts absolute majority for Modi-led NDA
- Mother Teresa’s Missionaries of Charity orphanages to be derecognised?