Fabregas not for sale at any price, Barcelona tell Manchester United
Barcelona vice-president Josep Maria Bartomeu has declared that Manchester United target Cesc Fabregas is not for sale at any price.
Vice-president Josep Bartomeu says the Catalan club are not interested in selling the Spain playmaker, who Gerardo Martino has also backed to stay at Camp Nou
The Red Devils have already had two bids for the Spain midfielder rejected by the Catalan club but are willing to up their offer to €41 million in order to bring him to Old Trafford.
Bartomeu insists, however, that the Liga champions are not interested in cashing in on Fabregas and will ignore any approaches made by the Premier League club.
"United`s interest for Cesc Fabregas is obvious, he`s a great player but it does not bother us," Bartomeu told reporters. "It does not matter what they offer us, we are not selling him."
He added: "If there was a higher offer, would we accept it? No. We`re proud that a club like that wants one of our players."
New Barca coach Gerardo Martino, meanwhile, expressed his own desire to make the former Arsenal playmaker part of his plans for the coming season.
Martino accepted that United`s interest may be considered by those in charge of running the club on a financial level, but hoped their advances would be resisted.
"I won`t get involved in the economic interests of the club, but [if it`s up to me] we will have him [Cesc] here," the Argentine boss said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army avenges Uri with surgical strikes across LoC, heavy casualties
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says