Fabregas tips former boss Wenger to prove critics wrong again this season
London: Barcelona midfielder Cesc Fabregas has said his former manager at Arsenal Arsene Wenger would once again take the Gunners to the top of English football, and prove his critics wrong.
The controversial sale of star striker Robin van Persie to Manchester United has prompted many to write off the Gunners’ chances this season, just like they did when Fabregas was sold to Barcelona last summer.
However, Fabregas stays convinced that Arsenal under Wenger is in safe hands.
“Arsene Wenger is amazing and I’m sure he will prove it again this season. He always finds the best young talent in Europe and has the courage to bring them in and give them their chance,” the Sun quoted Fabregas, as saying.
“That is his special talent, the way he works with a player to build their confidence and encourage them to play, to perform at their best. That’s why I’m confident that Arsenal will again be up there challenging,” he added.
“I hope so. I watch them every weekend because Arsenal still mean so much to me. It was a privilege for me to spend eight years at such a magnificent club. But now is a new chapter at Barcelona and I said when I signed here that it was going to be the most exciting and difficult challenge of my life,” he said.
Fabregas added: “I knew I was coming to compete for a place against the best players in the world. But I like big challenges. If I didn’t I would have stayed at Arsenal where I was the captain, where I played every game and where I was treated so well.”
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city