Falcao gets cautious World Cup green light
Lisbon: Colombia striker Radamel Falcao will go to the World Cup but risks not being 100 percent fit, the surgeon who operated on the Monaco star`s ruptured knee ligaments said Friday.
"I believe he will go to the World Cup. But at the highest level, at the start of the competition, Falcao will not be 100 percent," Jose Carlos Noronha told the Lusa news agency.
Falcao, seen as key to Colombia`s hopes at the World Cup, suffered the injury in a French Cup match on January 22 and went under the knife three days later in Porto.
Meanwhile, Noronho refused to comment on the current fitness status of Portugal star Cristiano Ronaldo who has been sidelined since the start of the month with a left thigh injury.
"Ronaldo`s injury is different to that of Falcao and he is under the care of Real Madrid`s medical department," he said.
"Therefore I am not going to speak about this."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sunanda Pushkar murder case: Police may approach court seeking lie detector test on Shashi Tharoor
- Jayalalithaa wins big in RK Nagar by-poll, defeats CPI's Mahendran by over 1.5 lakh votes
- Jawaharlal Nehru's Wikipedia page edited from govt IP address; Congress seeks PM Modi's reply
- Check JEE (Main) 2015 rank on www.jeemain.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in
- After Pankaja Munde, now Vinod Tawde accused of irregularities in awarding contracts in Maharashtra