Falcao gets cautious World Cup green light
Lisbon: Colombia striker Radamel Falcao will go to the World Cup but risks not being 100 percent fit, the surgeon who operated on the Monaco star`s ruptured knee ligaments said Friday.
"I believe he will go to the World Cup. But at the highest level, at the start of the competition, Falcao will not be 100 percent," Jose Carlos Noronha told the Lusa news agency.
Falcao, seen as key to Colombia`s hopes at the World Cup, suffered the injury in a French Cup match on January 22 and went under the knife three days later in Porto.
Meanwhile, Noronho refused to comment on the current fitness status of Portugal star Cristiano Ronaldo who has been sidelined since the start of the month with a left thigh injury.
"Ronaldo`s injury is different to that of Falcao and he is under the care of Real Madrid`s medical department," he said.
"Therefore I am not going to speak about this."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- RJD strongman Shahabuddin brought to Delhi
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- UP elections in third phase; voting on 69 seats of 12 districts
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating on 'record' Puma deal
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal
- Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections 2017: Samajwadi Party's 'kaam bolta hai' slogan faces litmus test