Falcao happy with `great year` but refuses to rule out Italy move
London: El Tigre has thanked his team-mates for his successful year at Atleti and insists while he is under contract his focus will remain with the side, but refuses to rule out a move.
Atletico Madrid forward Radamel Falcao has praised his team-mates for a "great year" and says he could consider a move to Italy in the future.
The Colombian forward, who was named in the Fifa Team of the Year, has been linked with a switch to several clubs in Europe but is yet to commit his future to Atleti.
"It has been a great year," he told reporters.
"I want to thank God for being involved in the Team of the Year as well because all of the players but me are from either Barcelona or Real Madrid.
"The support from my team has been amazing, I have been shown a lot of support and love. The aim with Atletico is to reach better results than last season. We are still fighting for the Cup and Europa League, so we must keep on playing like this."
The 26-year-old also refused to commit his future to Atleti, adding: "I have got a contract here and only think about Atletico.
"Right now I am thinking only of the present. However, you can never say never, who knows what is in store for me? I do not exclude a future in Italy. I do have a favourite club, but I would prefer not to tell you.”
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Heart-wrenching reality of Kashmiri pandits
- DNA: Bengaluru's Mount Carmel college students show country's ideology to Rahul Gandhi
- DNA: Aamir Khan clarifies his love towards nation but sticks to previous statement
- Panel discussion on Aamir Khan's ignorance on Kashmiri Pandits
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know