Falcao is a forbidden fruit: Jose Mourinho
Real Madrid coach Jose Mourinho claims he will make no attempt to sign Radamel Falcao from Atletico Madrid as a result of a "pact of non-aggression" between the two sides.
The former Inter boss explained that the unwritten agreement between the Madrid rivals makes it impossible for him to sign key players from Los Rojiblancos.
"Falcao is a fundamental player for our rivals, just like Kun Aguero was. There is a pact of non-aggression between Real Madrid and Atletico so I think Falcao is a forbidden fruit," Mourinho said in an interview.
"He`s a fantastic player, and I get the feeling he is a lovely guy, and I`m very happy to see him do so well at Atletico."
The 49-year-old spoke previously about how he was not the most popular figure in football but says he does not care about his popularity.
When asked whether Madrid are criticised more often because he is in charge of the club, the Portuguese coach said that his success in the capital should be enough to silence the critics.
"Our results speak for themselves and show that in just over two years we have got closer and closer to Barcelona and now we are up there with them and have won the three major trophies in Spanish football in that time," he stated.
"We broke the dominance of Barcelona, something many people thought was impossible."
Mourinho then went on to hit back at criticism made by Tito Vilanova, who claimed that he could make a video of all the times that Pepe has kicked Barcelona players.
"It`s funny because now Pepe is in a situation where he gets booked in every game, even if he just commits one foul. People have created an image of Pepe which they find comfortable," he added.
"He is adored at Madrid and it doesn`t matter what Vilanova says, people won`t change their mind about Pepe."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Watch - Parrikar's reply to Mamata's military coup claim
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 4.7 crore cash in Rs 2000 notes! Biggest seizure in new currency post demonetisation - What I-T recovered from Bengaluru, Chennai and Erode
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Scam? 'Aam Aadmi Party using Delhi Transport Corporation to exchange Rs 500, Rs 1,000 notes'