Fan ban lifted for Milan derby
Rome: Inter Milan will have their hardcore "ultra" supporters present for Sunday`s Milan derby after the Italian Football Federation`s (FIGC) Court of Justice suspended a partial stadium closure while it carries out further investigations.
AS Roma will also have their most vocal fans present when they host Catania on Sunday after a similar suspension was lifted for the same reason.
"The Inter and Roma curvas have been reopened with an interim ordinance suspending the penalty and asks for further investigations to be carried out by the Federal Prosecutor`s Office," wrote the FIGC (www.figc.it) on its website on Friday.
The FIGC had announced on Tuesday the two-match section closures following incidents of alleged offensive chanting by away fans during matches last weekend.
Inter were punished after "territorially discriminatory" chants against Napoli fans during their 4-2 defeat at the San Paolo Stadium on Sunday, leading to the closure of the Curva Nord section of the San Siro.
Roma were hit with the closure of the Curva Sud section of the Stadio Olimpico after alleged racist chanting directed at AC Milan striker Mario Balotelli in Monday`s 2-2 draw at the San Siro, a claim disputed by the club.
"In the past we have been quick to condemn incidents of racism but in this case we are convinced that nothing like that happened," Roma general manager Mauro Baldissoni said.
Inter go into the derby in fifth place on 28 points, seven behind third-placed Napoli, while unbeaten Roma lie second on 38 points, five behind leaders Juventus.
AC Milan are 10th on 19 points.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof