Fans snap up Ibrahimovic stamps
Stockholm: Sweden`s postal service on Thursday began selling stamps featuring Paris Saint-Germain striker Zlatan Ibrahimovic, drawing strong interest from fans as well as collectors.
"We have sold five million stamps in advance and that is a lot," Posten`s head of stamps, Britt-Inger Hahne, told news agency TT.
Out of the five stamps, three are from the Sweden-England friendly in November 2012 when the Swedish star scored four times to give his side a 4-2 win, saving his most spectacular goal -- an outrageous long-range bicycle kick -- for last.
"The French are particularly interested. One customer ordered 1,500 packages ... for his French friends," Hahne said in a statement.
"Zlatan has a unique position on the pitch, among his fans and now also on the stamps," she added.
"It`s a great honour," Ibrahimovic said in a statement released by the postal service in November last year.
"Personally, I mostly receive bills and they rarely have any pretty stamps. Maybe that will change now," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Telangana TS EAMCET Results 2016: Engineering, Agriculture and Medical Common Entrance Test (TS EAMCET) results to be declared today on May 26 (Thursday) on www.tseamcet.in at 11 AM
- World leaders kick off G7 talks with economy, terrorism and refugees in focus
- Indians face public wrath in Congo after Congolese national bludgeoned to death in Delhi; govt rejects racism claims
- Trump denounces illegal immigrants as tensions flare
- Regardless of N-deal, primary American embargo on Iran to stay: US Treasury Department