Fans snap up Ibrahimovic stamps
Stockholm: Sweden`s postal service on Thursday began selling stamps featuring Paris Saint-Germain striker Zlatan Ibrahimovic, drawing strong interest from fans as well as collectors.
"We have sold five million stamps in advance and that is a lot," Posten`s head of stamps, Britt-Inger Hahne, told news agency TT.
Out of the five stamps, three are from the Sweden-England friendly in November 2012 when the Swedish star scored four times to give his side a 4-2 win, saving his most spectacular goal -- an outrageous long-range bicycle kick -- for last.
"The French are particularly interested. One customer ordered 1,500 packages ... for his French friends," Hahne said in a statement.
"Zlatan has a unique position on the pitch, among his fans and now also on the stamps," she added.
"It`s a great honour," Ibrahimovic said in a statement released by the postal service in November last year.
"Personally, I mostly receive bills and they rarely have any pretty stamps. Maybe that will change now," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Watch: Tracing the journey of late Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest