'Fans will slaughter Van Persie if he leaves'
London: Former Arsenal hero Paul Merson has said captain Robin Van Persie that he would regret his decision to leave the Gunners, and warned him that if the club doesn’t sells him the fans aren’t going to spare him.
“Not many players leave Arsenal and don’t regret it. If they don’t sell him, the fans are going to slaughter him,” a daily quoted Merson, as saying.
Another former Gunners striker Alan Smith said: “Van Persie is 28 and, at that age, it’s all about winning medals. He thinks Arsenal can’t win trophies and you probably have to agree with him.”
Arsenal’s ex-midfielder Ray Parlour added: “Players move on quickly now. Arsenal has to get over it.”
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre