FC Barcelona celebrates La Liga title
Barcelona: FC Barcelona held a parade to celebrate with fans and citizens of Barcelona their Primera Liga title with football players on two open top buses that made a round of about eight km in the city surrounded by a large crowd.
The parade started at 18:30 local time Monday from the port of Barcelona and went through the city`s main streets and avenues where the fans had already been waiting for a long time to see their idols.
The parade ended at the square of Doctor Ignasi Barraquer, east of the city, without passing by Barcelona`s stadium, Camp Nou, where the celebration will be held Sunday.
The parade consisted of two coaches: on the first it was possible to see Barcelona`s players and the technical team (among them Barcelona`s coach Tito Vilanova) while in the second one, there was a band and the female football team Barcelona A, who also won La Liga this season for the second consecutive time.
This is the first time the two teams paraded together, while the last time for Barca was two years ago when the team won La Liga and the Champions League.
The FC Barcelona were proclaimed champions on Saturday night after Real Madrid draw with Espanyol.
This is the 22nd La Liga title for the team, the fourth over the last five seasons, in a difficult year due to the illness of its coach Vilanova, who had to be operated again for a cancer and continues a treatment in New York for more than two months.
The return of Eric Abidal in April 2013 and Vilanova in March was good news for the team. The French player returned to action after 13 months due to a liver cancer that required a transplant.
The most emotional celebration with speeches will be next Sunday at the Camp Nou after the match against Valladolid.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list