FC Bayern Munich to scout for India`s young talent
New Delhi: Legendary German football club Bayern Munich will scout for 11 under-16 players in India with the launch of the FC Bayern Youth Cup program in New Delhi on October 15 and 16.
The youth scouting program will take place at the Jawaharlal Nehru Stadium and the chosen Indian footballers will go on to represent the country at the FC Bayern Youth Cup which will be held a couple of days after the Champions League finals at Allianz Arena, Munich in May 2012.
"The scouting program in India is an initiative taken by adidas, Audi and FC Bayern Munich to promote the game of football and give young talent the opportunity to experience the game at an international level," the organisers said in a statement.
The programme allows participants to choose the position they would like to play in and the preferred time slot as well. There is no participation fee for attending the scouting program.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Martyrs' Day: Nation remembers Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru for their sacrifice
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Air India lodges FIR against Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad for assaulting staffer
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why
- Yogi Adityanath took THESE 20 big actions in just 75 hours after becoming UP CM
- Should there be strict laws against cow slaughter? Uttar Pradesh CM Yogi Adityanath seeks public opinion