FC Bayern Munich to scout for India`s young talent
New Delhi: Legendary German football club Bayern Munich will scout for 11 under-16 players in India with the launch of the FC Bayern Youth Cup program in New Delhi on October 15 and 16.
The youth scouting program will take place at the Jawaharlal Nehru Stadium and the chosen Indian footballers will go on to represent the country at the FC Bayern Youth Cup which will be held a couple of days after the Champions League finals at Allianz Arena, Munich in May 2012.
"The scouting program in India is an initiative taken by adidas, Audi and FC Bayern Munich to promote the game of football and give young talent the opportunity to experience the game at an international level," the organisers said in a statement.
The programme allows participants to choose the position they would like to play in and the preferred time slot as well. There is no participation fee for attending the scouting program.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why are schools insensitive over complexities of poor families?
- Why are schools insensitive over complexities of poor families? - Part II
- DNA: Who are the sponsors and co-sponsors of terrorism in India?
- DNA: Who are the sponsors and co-sponsors of terrorism in India? Part-II
- DNA: Analyzing the mystery of missing IAF aircraft AN-32