FC Bayern Munich to scout for India`s young talent
New Delhi: Legendary German football club Bayern Munich will scout for 11 under-16 players in India with the launch of the FC Bayern Youth Cup program in New Delhi on October 15 and 16.
The youth scouting program will take place at the Jawaharlal Nehru Stadium and the chosen Indian footballers will go on to represent the country at the FC Bayern Youth Cup which will be held a couple of days after the Champions League finals at Allianz Arena, Munich in May 2012.
"The scouting program in India is an initiative taken by adidas, Audi and FC Bayern Munich to promote the game of football and give young talent the opportunity to experience the game at an international level," the organisers said in a statement.
The programme allows participants to choose the position they would like to play in and the preferred time slot as well. There is no participation fee for attending the scouting program.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: 8-year-old boy dies after falling into pothole
- Woman commits suicide in UP after posting message on social media
- Nirbhaya gang-rape convict Vinay Sharma attempts suicide in Tihar Jail
- Rajnath Singh, Mehbooba Mufti hold joint press conference on Kashmir violence
- Will appoint nodal officer for Kashmiris: Rajnath Singh
- Laver Cup: Roger Federer, Rafael Nadal to play doubles together
- Scorpene submarine data leak: French ex-naval officer's hand suspected; 'serious matter', says Opposition
- No U-turn by Rahul Gandhi on RSS role: Digivjay Singh
- US Open: After clinching second Olympic gold, Andy Murray eyes fourth Grand Slam title
- Dahi Handi events in Dadar, Thane flout Supreme Court rule; human pyramids go beyond 20 feet