FC Porto beats 10-man Maritimo 2-0 in Portugal
Lisbon (Portugal): FC Porto kept pace with Benfica atop the Portuguese league standings with a 2-0 win over 10-man Maritimo on Saturday.
The win put Porto ahead of Benfica on goal difference as the two rivals have been level on points for nine straight rounds.
Maritimo played a man down from the 41st minute after midfielder Valentin Roberge received his second booking. The visitors held off Porto until substitute Cristian Rodriguez broke through for the defending champions in the 80th.
Maritimo defender Nuno “Briguel” Pereira scored an own goal three minutes later.
Also on Saturday, Gil Vicente drew 1-1 at Guimaraes.
Benfica routed Rio Ave 5-1 on Friday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- No need for cash; pay through mobile phone at Café Coffee Day now
- VVIP chopper scam: RSS mouthpiece dares Congress to reveal who's 'Signora Gandhi' mentioned in Italian court
- EPL: Anthony Martial strikes as Manchester United make Leicester City wait for title
- PM Modi visits Varanasi, launches 'e-boats' at Assi Ghat: In Pics
- Minor who shot himself while taking 'selfie' dies