FC Porto beats 10-man Maritimo 2-0 in Portugal
Lisbon (Portugal): FC Porto kept pace with Benfica atop the Portuguese league standings with a 2-0 win over 10-man Maritimo on Saturday.
The win put Porto ahead of Benfica on goal difference as the two rivals have been level on points for nine straight rounds.
Maritimo played a man down from the 41st minute after midfielder Valentin Roberge received his second booking. The visitors held off Porto until substitute Cristian Rodriguez broke through for the defending champions in the 80th.
Maritimo defender Nuno “Briguel” Pereira scored an own goal three minutes later.
Also on Saturday, Gil Vicente drew 1-1 at Guimaraes.
Benfica routed Rio Ave 5-1 on Friday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Clinton attacks Trump's outreach to black voters in new ad
- Colombia ceasefire will not stop government fighting crime: Official
- Amazon dabbling with 30-hour work weeks: Report
- Enrique's fan hid in dressing room for 12 hours
- Scorpene submarine data leak: 'Whistleblower' to hand over disk to 'government'