FC Porto beats 10-man Maritimo 2-0 in Portugal
Lisbon (Portugal): FC Porto kept pace with Benfica atop the Portuguese league standings with a 2-0 win over 10-man Maritimo on Saturday.
The win put Porto ahead of Benfica on goal difference as the two rivals have been level on points for nine straight rounds.
Maritimo played a man down from the 41st minute after midfielder Valentin Roberge received his second booking. The visitors held off Porto until substitute Cristian Rodriguez broke through for the defending champions in the 80th.
Maritimo defender Nuno “Briguel” Pereira scored an own goal three minutes later.
Also on Saturday, Gil Vicente drew 1-1 at Guimaraes.
Benfica routed Rio Ave 5-1 on Friday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Freeze frame! ‘Kabali’ Rajinikanth strikes a pose with son-in-law Dhanush
- Waterlogging in Gurgaon hits Dehi-Jaipur route
- Hillary Clinton says Donald Trump wants US to `fear the future`
- Look what Karisma Kapoor has to say about sister Kareena Kapoor Khan’s baby
- Libya forces `retake` Benghazi district from jihadists