FC Porto beats 10-man Maritimo 2-0 in Portugal
Lisbon (Portugal): FC Porto kept pace with Benfica atop the Portuguese league standings with a 2-0 win over 10-man Maritimo on Saturday.
The win put Porto ahead of Benfica on goal difference as the two rivals have been level on points for nine straight rounds.
Maritimo played a man down from the 41st minute after midfielder Valentin Roberge received his second booking. The visitors held off Porto until substitute Cristian Rodriguez broke through for the defending champions in the 80th.
Maritimo defender Nuno “Briguel” Pereira scored an own goal three minutes later.
Also on Saturday, Gil Vicente drew 1-1 at Guimaraes.
Benfica routed Rio Ave 5-1 on Friday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kalam's advisor recalls his last moments with the great scientist
- To Sir with Love: School kids pay tribute to Dr Kalam
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- India mourns APJ Abdul Kalam; PM to receive body at Palam airport
- Kalam's body flown to Delhi; PM, Prez lead nation in paying homage
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- SC hearing on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's curative plea
- India's 'original rocket man': Abdul Kalam's phenomenal contribution to Science
- Parliament pays tributes to Dr APJ Abdul Kalam, calls him 'real gem' of India
- Ready to see Shah Rukh-Salman together on-screen?