FC Porto beats 10-man Maritimo 2-0 in Portugal
Lisbon (Portugal): FC Porto kept pace with Benfica atop the Portuguese league standings with a 2-0 win over 10-man Maritimo on Saturday.
The win put Porto ahead of Benfica on goal difference as the two rivals have been level on points for nine straight rounds.
Maritimo played a man down from the 41st minute after midfielder Valentin Roberge received his second booking. The visitors held off Porto until substitute Cristian Rodriguez broke through for the defending champions in the 80th.
Maritimo defender Nuno “Briguel” Pereira scored an own goal three minutes later.
Also on Saturday, Gil Vicente drew 1-1 at Guimaraes.
Benfica routed Rio Ave 5-1 on Friday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Read letters by Ratan Tata to PM Narendra Modi and Group employees after Cyrus Mistry's ouster
- India vs New Zealand: Awestruck Kiwis witness MS Dhoni driving his Hummer in Ranchi, and photo goes viral
- Lashkar-e-Toiba claims responsibility for Uri attack in posters pasted in Pakistan town