Fellaini keen on emulating Keane ahead of Man U debut
London: New Manchester United player Marouane Fellaini has claimed that he can be the next Roy Keane for the club as he prepares to make his debut against Crystal Palace on Saturday.
According to the Mirror, Marouane Fellaini has vowed to prove his worth to United by having the same impact as former skipper Roy Keane .
United have lacked a midfield enforcer since Keane left in acrimonious circumstances 2005 and Fellaini claimed he can provide the aggression and steel they have been lacking, the report said.
The player said that Keane was an aggressive player and maybe he could also win the ball, clear it and play clean, adding that in the past there were great legends such as Keane, Eric Cantona and David Beckham, and he would also do his best.
United boss David Moyes is likely to use Fellaini in a deeper-lying midfield role, despite the Belgium star`s ability to play higher up the pitch in a more attacking role, the report added.
Fellaini has become the fourth most expensive player in United`s history after Dimitar Berbatov, Rio Ferdinand and Juan Sebastian Veron, but said he felt no extra pressure because of his price, according to the report.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Cashless transactions increased rapidly following note ban
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof