Fellaini keen on emulating Keane ahead of Man U debut
London: New Manchester United player Marouane Fellaini has claimed that he can be the next Roy Keane for the club as he prepares to make his debut against Crystal Palace on Saturday.
According to the Mirror, Marouane Fellaini has vowed to prove his worth to United by having the same impact as former skipper Roy Keane .
United have lacked a midfield enforcer since Keane left in acrimonious circumstances 2005 and Fellaini claimed he can provide the aggression and steel they have been lacking, the report said.
The player said that Keane was an aggressive player and maybe he could also win the ball, clear it and play clean, adding that in the past there were great legends such as Keane, Eric Cantona and David Beckham, and he would also do his best.
United boss David Moyes is likely to use Fellaini in a deeper-lying midfield role, despite the Belgium star`s ability to play higher up the pitch in a more attacking role, the report added.
Fellaini has become the fourth most expensive player in United`s history after Dimitar Berbatov, Rio Ferdinand and Juan Sebastian Veron, but said he felt no extra pressure because of his price, according to the report.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Letter to Arvind Kejriwal - `Don't embarrass India again, buy yourself a pair of shoes`
- When a professor sexually abused a girl in classroom; watch other students' reaction
- Indian woman rescued from German refugee camp returns home, thanks government
- Signs that prove Lord Hanuman is still alive
- Will wipe out BJP and Congress from the country: Akbaruddin Owaisi