Fenerbahce chairman refuses to quit after UEFA ban
Ankara: Fenerbahce chairman Aziz Yildirim said Thursday that he would not resign despite UEFA banning the team from European club competition for three seasons.
After UEFA announced the penalty Tuesday, some Fenerbahce fans demanded Yildirim quit. The penalty, triggered by the match fixing charges in domestic games in 2011, means Fenerbahce will be ruled out of the next season’s Champions League.
“Fenerbahce are excluded from participating in the next three UEFA club competitions for which they would qualify, including the 2013-14 UEFA Champions League. The ban for the third season is deferred for a probationary period of five years,” UEFA said on its website.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- Check cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.in for CBSE Class 10 X Board Result at 2 pm
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi
- Centre moves SC against Delhi HC order on LG's powers; hearing on Friday
- Delhi HC backs LG, turns down plea challenging Jung's authority