Fenerbahce player`s car attacked in Istanbul
Unknown attackers on Tuesday fired at the car of Turkey international Mehmet Topal in Istanbul but the Fenerbahce midfielder escaped unhurt, the club said.
Topal was travelling home from the club`s training facility when unknown assailants opened fire on his car in the Sancaktepe neighbourhood on the Asian side of Istanbul, Fenerbahce said in a statement.
It said that Topal, who appeared to have been driving himself, escaped unhurt because his car was bullet-proof.
The 29-year-old pulled his car off the road to ask for help from the police, private NTV television said.
NTV`s pictures showed a single dent on the car made by a bullet.
"This is a terrorist attack," the club said, strongly condemning the incident. There was no immediate indication over who was behind the attack.
A bus carrying Fenerbahce players had been shot at in April as the Turkish Super Lig side returned home following an away game in the Black Sea province of Rize.