Ferdinand wants to emulate Man U veterans Scholes, Giggs
London: Manchester United defender Rio Ferdinand has said he is inspired by veteran midfielders Paul Scholes and Ryan Giggs, and would like to continue playing as long as he can.
Ferdinand is four years younger than Scholes, who came out of retirement earlier this season, and five years younger than Giggs.
“They are an inspiration to people like me. I’m 33 now and have been at the club 10 years,” The Sun quoted Ferdinand, as saying.
“You see someone like Scholesy, who is 37, and Giggsy, who is even older, and you think to yourself that, hopefully, you can get to those levels in terms of both age and playing at the very top,” he added.
“But I think your body is the defining factor, telling you whether you can or can’t play at that level any more. Fingers crossed, my body holds up and I’ve another few years left in me,” he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath reviews Gomti riverfront work
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath warns supporters of criminals, mafia
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP