Ferdinand wants to emulate Man U veterans Scholes, Giggs
London: Manchester United defender Rio Ferdinand has said he is inspired by veteran midfielders Paul Scholes and Ryan Giggs, and would like to continue playing as long as he can.
Ferdinand is four years younger than Scholes, who came out of retirement earlier this season, and five years younger than Giggs.
“They are an inspiration to people like me. I’m 33 now and have been at the club 10 years,” The Sun quoted Ferdinand, as saying.
“You see someone like Scholesy, who is 37, and Giggsy, who is even older, and you think to yourself that, hopefully, you can get to those levels in terms of both age and playing at the very top,” he added.
“But I think your body is the defining factor, telling you whether you can or can’t play at that level any more. Fingers crossed, my body holds up and I’ve another few years left in me,” he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Watch: Tracing the journey of late Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- I-T department rejects declaration of Rs 2,00,000 crore made under IDS by Mumbai family