Ferdinand wants to emulate Man U veterans Scholes, Giggs
London: Manchester United defender Rio Ferdinand has said he is inspired by veteran midfielders Paul Scholes and Ryan Giggs, and would like to continue playing as long as he can.
Ferdinand is four years younger than Scholes, who came out of retirement earlier this season, and five years younger than Giggs.
“They are an inspiration to people like me. I’m 33 now and have been at the club 10 years,” The Sun quoted Ferdinand, as saying.
“You see someone like Scholesy, who is 37, and Giggsy, who is even older, and you think to yourself that, hopefully, you can get to those levels in terms of both age and playing at the very top,” he added.
“But I think your body is the defining factor, telling you whether you can or can’t play at that level any more. Fingers crossed, my body holds up and I’ve another few years left in me,” he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Maysore Maharaja Yaduveer ties knot with princess Trishika of Dungarpur
- India becomes full member of Missile Technology Control Regime
- Singapore Airlines plane catches fire at Changi Airport
- Govt's insensitivity towards Pampore terror attack martyrs leaves nation stunned
- Mysore Maharaja Yaduveer Wadiar ties knot with princess Trishika Singh of Dungarpur, Rajasthan
- Now, Lexit: London wants to stay with EU, says petition
- UP cops fight publicly over 'share of bribe', video goes viral - Watch
- Make your smoothie a successful summer diet with these magical ingredients!
- Delhi govt introduces 'Change-makers in education' fellowship
- Brexit will greatly weaken EU, says European Commission Vice-President Maros Sefcovic