Fergie believes Man U can clinch Champions League trophy for 4th time!
London: Manchester United boss Alex Ferguson believes his strikers are strong enough to win the European Cup for the fourth time.
Ferguson has always believed that he should have won more than the two Champions League wins that he achieved in 1999 and 2008 to add to Sir Matt Busby’s 1968 triumph.
But this season he is convinced his squad is in the same bracket as Real Madrid, Barcelona and German champions Borussia Dortmund and stand the same chance to conquer the title.
“I made a point about how strong the Champions League is and therefore we’ll need to perform at a really high level to do that. You cannot go past Real Madrid and Barcelona, that’s fair to say, and I do think Dortmund will be there or thereabouts this year,” The Sun quoted Ferguson, as saying.
“If you look at their league form, 11 points behind Bayern Munich, you can tell they’re preparing themselves to do well in the Champions League. Those three teams have outstanding chances and I hope we can join them because we have a good squad of players,” he added.
A goal tally of 38 goals in 15 games in all competitions certainly gives Fergie the confidence to believe United have the firepower to grab European silverware this year, the paper said.
“Obviously we’ve got some work to do on the defending part, but the encouraging thing is that bit by bit we’re collecting a good collection of outstanding young midfielders which I’m really pleased about,” he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi Police arrests AAP MLA in the middle of press conference
- Pak grants 91-year-old Indian's last wish - a trip to his ‘ancestral home’
- Bihar: Acid attack on girl in Aurangabad district, victim critical
- MP: Dalit families migrating from village due to hooligans
- Is there any political clash between Akhilesh Yadav and Shivpal Yadav?
- Three federal police officials killed in Mexico
- Eight killed, seven injured after jeep falls into deep gorge in Uttarakhand's Tehri Garhwal
- Masked men raise Pakistan, ISIS flags in Kashmir; stones pelted at policemen
- West Virginia floods: 20 dead, several stranded - Damage is widespread and devastating
- US Senator praises NSG after India failed to get membership