Fergie caught `napping` as Man United falls to Sunderland
London: Former Manchester United manager Sir Alex Ferguson was reportedly caught napping in the crowd during United`s 12th defeat of the season in their 1-0 loss to Sunderland at the Old Trafford on Saturday.
The reigning Premier League champs suffered their seventh home defeat of the season at the once impenetrable Old Trafford against the relegation-threatened visitors, which saw interim manager Ryan Giggs suffer his first loss in charge since taking over from David Moyes.
According to the Daily Star, a Vine video captured the iconic Scot in the stands with his head leant forward and it looked like he was catching up on some sleep.
The candid moment was caught in the closing stages of the game as United failed to get an equaliser and save their humiliation, the report added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Serial child rapist arrested in Delhi, says 'preyed on girls for sexual satisfaction, enjoyed it'