Fergie confident about Rooney staying on at Man U despite PSG move rumours
Johannesburg: Manchester United boss Sir Alex Ferguson has rejected speculations linking striker Wayne Rooney with a move to French league leaders Paris Saint-Germain, and has expressed his confidence that Rooney will be staying on at the club.
England international Rooney has reportedly been a target of the French capital club, despite having two years of his five-year contract to run at Old Trafford.
Playing down talk that Rooney will be leaving United at the end of the season, Ferguson said that he does not think that the 27-year-old forward has been unsettled by talks of a move to PSG.
According to the Scot, Rooney was taken off against the draw match against West Ham because he was not playing as well as Shinji Kagawa was doing.
Ferguson further said that the move was necessary to get a goal in the match, although he added that there were many games where Rooney played better than the other players.
United will have a full squad to choose from against Aston Villa, despite the 2-2 encounter against West Ham, and can be crowned Premier League champions if second-placed Manchester City, currently 13 points behind their local rivals, lose at Tottenham on Sunday
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- REALITY CHECK of WhatsApp message: How common man can sign petition to declare Pakistan a terror state