Fergie could end up splashing 100 million pounds
London: Manchester United boss Sir Alex Ferguson has set up around 60-million-pounds worth of deals already and could end up splashing close to 100 million pounds with Inter Milan’s Wesley Sneijder, 27, his next target,a newspaper reports.
A leading football wheeler-dealer told the paper: “United’s transfer business is the talk of the game. And the big question is where all this money is coming from, given the level of debt at the club.
He added: “The level of spending is eye-opening and the word on the grapevine is that this is money from Qatar, where the royal family are known to be interested in buying United from the Glazers. It could be that some sort of deal, possibly a loan or a down-payment, has already been made.”
Qatar Holdings, the financial arm of the ruling Al Thanis, have regularly been linked with a near two billion pound takeover at United despite Old Trafford denials.
It has been claimed in the Middle East the Qataris want to take on the Abu Dhabi United Group at Manchester City and that they will eventually persuade the Glazers to sell.
Fergie is delighted that he has been given the go-ahead for his biggest-ever spree.
The Premier League champions have deals in place for Atletico Madrid goalkeeper David De Gea, 20, which could eventually be worth 25 million pounds, Aston Villa forward Ashley Young, 25, at about 20 million pounds and Blackburn defender Phil Jones, 19, at 16 million pounds.
Fergie now wants a midfield player due to Paul Scholes retiring and is ready to make a final bid of 30 million pounds to land Sneijder, despite the Dutchman stating two days ago that he was happy at the San Siro.
Fergie is also keen on Spurs’ in-demand Luka Modric, 25, and Arsenal’s Samir Nasri, 23, who has just a year left on his Emirates contract.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Don't give any importance to Ramgopal Yadav's remarks: Mulayam Singh Yadav
- Watch: Report on delayed development in Ayodhya
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- India vs New Zealand: Awestruck Kiwis witness MS Dhoni driving his Hummer in Ranchi, and photo goes viral
- Naya Bazar explosion: Home Ministry seeks report from Delhi Police; one dead, 5 injured