Fergie sure Van Persie’s ‘goal drought’ will end soon
London: Manchester United boss Sir Alex Ferguson has said that he believes that the dry spell of striker Robin Van Persie will end soon, after claiming recently that Van Persie may be feeling the strain of his excellent first season at Old Trafford.
The 22 million-pound striker has failed to score in his last nine games for United after his winner at Sunderland was taken off him at the weekend. Hoping that the striker’s condition will end soon, Ferguson said that Van Persie needs to go through the period without losing his faith in the game, adding that players will continue to have dry spells and Van Persie is one of them.
Planning to make the former Arsenal star play his way back into goal-scoring form for United, Ferguson said that he believes that leaving out the 23-goal Dutchman at this stage of the campaign would be of little benefit.
The Scot also said that Van Persie does not need to be rested as he is strong with a great physique. Van Persie’s strike at the Stadium of Light eventually went down as a Titus Bramble own goal, meaning he has not scored for United since netting against Everton on February 10.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath reviews Gomti riverfront work
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP
- 'The Kapil Sharma Show' controversy: Sunil Grover opens up, finds all the 'tamasha' very 'entertaining'