Fergie wanted PSG’s Ancelotti instead of Moyes to succeed him at Man U
London: In a surprise revelation, retiring Manchester United boss Sir Alex Ferguson may have reportedly approached Paris Saint Germain manager Carlo Ancelotti instead of outgoing Everton boss David Moyes to succeed him at Old Trafford.
United may have approached Ancelotti ahead of the Everton boss, who will take charge at Old Trafford next season, with sources close to Ancelotti claiming that Ferguson even made a personal plea for the Italian to succeed him last week.
Ancelotti was reportedly surprised and flattered at the offer but declined it, as he wanted to join Real Madrid instead.
The Italian comes with a better pedigree than Moyes, who failed to win any silverware during his time at Goodison Park, as he won the League and FA Cup Double with Chelsea in 2010, lifted the Champions League twice with AC Milan and has just helped PSG win the Ligue 1 title in France.
PSG had already rejected one approach for Ancelotti from Real, who are looking for a replacement for Jose Mourinho, who is expected to return to Chelsea this summer.
However, Moyes was handed a six-year contract by United last week, with the club insisting he was the unanimous choice.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- 8th Ramnath Goenka Awards: Sudhir Chaudhary awarded for Excellence in Journalism
- Arvind Kejriwal clarifies his friendly gesture with Lalu Prasad Yadav
- I am surviving only on 25% of my liver today, says Big B
- Exclusive: Sudhir Chaudhary in conversation with Aamir Khan on intolerance in India!
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Lesson for jihadi aspirants? ISIS says Indians not good enough as 6 out of 23 fighters from India are killed
- Aamir Khan feels intolerance growing in India, says his wife suggested moving out of India
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Boon for SC/ST candidates? Birth, caste certificates likely to be merged