Ferguson eyeing Arsenal winger Walcott for Man U
London: Manchester United manager Sir Alex Ferguson is pondering over a bid for another Arsenal star, Theo Walcott, after signing Gunners captain Robin Van Persie at the start of the season.
United pulled off the transfer coup of last summer when they bought Van Persie from the Gunners for 24 million pounds, and now, Ferguson is understood to be keen on winger Walcott, who could end up leaving the Londoners because of his contract stand-off, the Daily Mirror reports.
Walcott is set to be out of contract at the end of the season and has hit deadlock after Arsenal made him a take it or leave it 75,000 pound-a-week offer to stay.
Manchester City, Chelsea and Liverpool are all keen, but United are the latest club to show interest. Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger insists Walcott will not be sold in January, but Liverpool and now United are considering bids while the other two Prem giants may wait until the summer, the paper said.
Walcott will be free at the end of the season so it may give Arsenal a dilemma next month especially if United steam in.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- Valour of a soldier: CRPF officer Satwant Singh fights Naxals till his last breath
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city