Ferguson hails Giggs and Scholes as ‘simply the best’
London: Manchester United manager Sir Alex Ferguson has said midfielders Ryan Giggs and Paul Scholes are the best players in the history of the club.
Both Giggs and Scholes scored in United’s 2-1 win against a resilient Norwich City at Carrow Road on Sunday, which again saw them reduce their difference with league leaders Manchester City to two points.
Giggs made his 900th appearance for the Red Devils unforgettable with an injury time winner.
“Scholes and Giggs are the best players this club has ever had. Given the career Ryan has had, to score the winning goal with the last kick of the game... I think he deserved that,” a daily quoted Ferguson, as saying.
“We could have played him against Ajax on Thursday, but this game was more important, and I knew we would need all our experienced players, and Ryan and Scholesy in particular,” Fergie said.
Wing wizard Giggs was delighted after making his record appearance for the club and marking it with a precious late goal.
“It`s a great day for me personally. 900 games for United is a real honour and to score the winner as well... it doesn`t get any better than that,” Giggs said.
“I first scored at Norwich in the first season of the Premier League but this one feels even better. It`s always great to score the winning goal and I have to make sure I savour days like this,” he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video