Ferguson pays tribute to veteran Man U midfielder Scholes
London: Manchester United manager Sir Alex Ferguson has described veteran midfielder Paul Scholes as a great player, after he scored the second goal in their 2-0 victory over Queens Park Rangers at Old Trafford on Sunday.
The former England midfielder, who came out of retirement in January, has been involved in all the games.
He has helped United to bounce back from back-to-back losses at the turn of the year, and overtake local rivals Manchester City in the title race to the Premier League.
“He``s a great player. There are only six games left now, three at home and three away, and hopefully we can run it out now,” Sports24 quoted Ferguson, as saying.
Scholes struck from a distance to seal victory in the 68th minute after United had taken an early lead through a penalty awarded to Rooney.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row
- DNA: JNU students clash over Afzal Guru row
- JNU students call terrorist Afzal Guru a martyr amid anti-nationalist slogans
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row- Part II
- PM Modi breaks protocol to receive Abu Dhabi Crown Prince Al Nahyan
- JNU erupts over 'Shaheed Afzal Guru', 'Azad Kashmir'; rival student groups clash, police deployed
- AAP poster showing Arvind Kejriwal with Bhindranwale sparks row in Punjab
- Video of Hanumanthappa's rescue that went viral on social media is fake - Watch
- Paid sex: Good or bad? This girl was too eager to find out - Watch what happened!
- Saraswati Puja on Vasant Panchami - Tithi, Muhurt and Vidhi