Ferguson pays tribute to veteran Man U midfielder Scholes
London: Manchester United manager Sir Alex Ferguson has described veteran midfielder Paul Scholes as a great player, after he scored the second goal in their 2-0 victory over Queens Park Rangers at Old Trafford on Sunday.
The former England midfielder, who came out of retirement in January, has been involved in all the games.
He has helped United to bounce back from back-to-back losses at the turn of the year, and overtake local rivals Manchester City in the title race to the Premier League.
“He``s a great player. There are only six games left now, three at home and three away, and hopefully we can run it out now,” Sports24 quoted Ferguson, as saying.
Scholes struck from a distance to seal victory in the 68th minute after United had taken an early lead through a penalty awarded to Rooney.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: APJ Abdul Kalam's last journey, India bids a tearful adieu
- DNA : Justice delivered; India hangs 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon
- 'People's President' APJ Abdul Kalam laid to rest in Rameswaram
- Robert Vadra explains Facebook post, denies insulting Parliament
- Shashi Tharoor condems Yakub Memon's hanging
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Meeting called by Speaker fails to end Parliament logjam; government indicates all-party meet
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- Cristiano Ronaldo great, but Lionel Messi is greatest: Xavi Hernandez