Ferguson pays tribute to veteran Man U midfielder Scholes
London: Manchester United manager Sir Alex Ferguson has described veteran midfielder Paul Scholes as a great player, after he scored the second goal in their 2-0 victory over Queens Park Rangers at Old Trafford on Sunday.
The former England midfielder, who came out of retirement in January, has been involved in all the games.
He has helped United to bounce back from back-to-back losses at the turn of the year, and overtake local rivals Manchester City in the title race to the Premier League.
“He``s a great player. There are only six games left now, three at home and three away, and hopefully we can run it out now,” Sports24 quoted Ferguson, as saying.
Scholes struck from a distance to seal victory in the 68th minute after United had taken an early lead through a penalty awarded to Rooney.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- What is the motive behind 'unconditional talks' offer by Pakistan?
- Special report: Kashmiri Pandits recall their plight
- Jhansi's ammunition factory was target of ISI agents
- Panel discussion on film director Ali Akbar's accusation on Madrasa
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living
- Watch: ISIS terrorist blown into pieces while bragging about his previous victory