Ferguson says Cristiano Ronaldo is ‘unbuyable’
London: Soccer star Cristiano Ronaldo has been hailed as the best player in the world by former manager Sir Alex Ferguson, who branded him ‘unbuyable’.
Ferguson insists the 80 million pound Real Madrid man has no weaknesses.
“He always wanted to play for Real. It was his boyhood dream. He’s got that. I’m not saying he’ll stay there forever. There’s every chance he might leave, you never know,” a daily quoted Ferguson, as saying.
“He is an unbelievable player, one of the best, there is no doubt about that. I know we have had a great pantheon of fantastic players. There is no question that Ronaldo compares with them. We never had any problems with him,” he added.
Ferguson said that while Lionel Messi has captured the Ballon d’Or, the world player of the year award for the past three years, if Real Madrid would have won the Champions League in recent years, then Ronaldo would have been the world player of the year.
“Barcelona have had more success than Real Madrid. They have won the Champions League and that matters for this award. If Real Madrid had won the Champions League in recent years, then Cristiano Ronaldo would have been the world player of the year, there is absolutely no doubt,” he said.
“I always felt he would go up yet another level when he left here. He was 24. Now his goalscoring record is quite amazing,” he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Admissions 2015: Know India's best ranking Universities
- Yasin Bhatkal calls wife from Hyderabad jail, talks of 'help from Damascus'
- DNA: Analysis of first SECC survey in eight decades
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with UPSC topper Ira Singhal's family
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Five guerrillas, one soldier killed near LoC
- 3rd Test, Day 2: Sri Lanka rattle Pakistan in decider
- Indian Mujahideen chief Yasin Bhatkal indicates Islamic State will help him get out of jail soon
- Missing UK schoolgirls seen carrying Kalashnikov rifle in ISIS's Raqqa?