Ferguson says Messi will only get better
London: Manchester United manager Sir Alex Ferguson has warned Barcelona’s forward Lionel Messi will only go on to become a better player than what he is right now.
Ferguson believes most of the football players reach their peak at around 25, and Messi is just 24, which gives him more scope to improve, and lift his game to another level.
“Players develop and start to mature when they reach 25 or so. We’ve seen that with Cristiano Ronaldo, Wayne Rooney and others. But Messi has not even reached that age yet. It’s frightening what’s going to happen – he’s only 24!” a daily quoted Ferguson, as saying.
Messi recently became Barcelona’s highest ever goal scorer, and has already won a number of laurels with the Catalan club.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- More than 9 lakh people participated in the oath-taking ceremony of Donald Trump
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February
- Jallikattu protests LIVE: Some parties trying to create anti-Centre sentiment, says Venkaiah Naidu
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog