Ferguson says Premier League title race not yet over
London: Manchester United manager Sir Alex Ferguson has said the Premier League title race is still open, contrary to what title rival Manchester City’s manager Roberto Mancini said on Wednesday.
Mancini had said that the gap of five points with United is too much for his team, but Ferguson believes he chose the wrong time to say that with five games still left to play.
“I think he picked the wrong time to say that. There are five games still to go. The twists and turns of the Premier League, it`s fascinating,” The BBC quoted Ferguson, as saying.
United moved eight points clear on Sunday after beating Queens Park Rangers and City losing at Arsenal.
But the point difference was reduced on Wednesday as Mancini’s side swept past West Bromwich Albion and United suffered a shock defeat by Wigan.
“We have to put it in a bit of perspective. You drop points in the second half of the season. We have done it most years,” said Ferguson.
"There has been an odd year when we have gone on a long run without losing but a couple of years back we lost 4-1 to Liverpool and won the league. You do drop points on the run-in. City and we have both experienced that,” he added.
“But from the position we were in a few months ago, to where we are today, we have to be delighted. The great part of our club is that we do recover, and we have to recover from Wednesday,” he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- Two J&K MLAs clash over beef party issue in Legislative Assembly
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Bihar has to choose between 'jungle raj' and 'vikas Raj': Narendra Modi
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands